Banner Ad 1

1/72 Foxtrot

Heard about a new product? Announce it here!

Postby Jianaran » Sat May 09, 2009 12:55 am

I'm very interested in buying a Foxtrot, but not for a few months. I'm a 16-year-old student with limited funds, and I currently just don't have enough to buy a sub. I doubt I'm much use to you as I'm not able to put a deposit down (especially with the AUD being so dismal against the USD right now), but if this kit does go into production, I'd love to buy one later down the track. I love the look of the older soviet nucs, and one of the main reasons that I'm yet to buil an RC sub is the lack of nice kits for these hulls; if someone produced a nice Foxtrot, November, or Golf (especially a golf, I love that hull shape), I would probably be placing an order within a few months.
Jianaran

1/72 Foxtrot Kit A GO!

Postby herrmill » Tue Sep 15, 2009 11:19 am

We've had a false start earlier this spring on the Foxtrot, but I'm happy to report that this new kit is a go with an expected delivery in the first quarter of 2010.

Besides actually seeing a kit go into development, the best part of the news is that 1) the kit is not made in China, but by a US-based firm & 2) no deposits are required from buyers to get this one off the ground.

Rick Palumbo of RPM Tech will be doing the development, production & marketing of the kit once he completes an exciting new sub project this month. If you don't know of Rick's work, visit his blog http://www.rpmtech1blog.com where you can see his Kilo, Marder & Seehund. I have his 1/24 Seehund & can attest to his workmanship & design simplicity.

This Foxtrot will be a true dead-on 1/72 scale for our TF72 friends Down Under & come with detail not normally seen in GRP kits such as hull plate deformation (oil canning) & those ugly weld seams Soviet subs were known for.

More details to follow.

A sub only a mother could love.
herrmill

Project 641 Foxtrot Full Ahead

Postby herrmill » Thu Oct 08, 2009 11:40 pm

Here are a couple photos that Rick sent today to show that Project 641 Foxtrot is proceeding full ahead.

He discovered that the working plans included in our file contained a few inaccuracies when compared to the reference photos, with the worst problems found in the stern sectionals. The master will be corrected based on the photo below.

More to come in a few days.

Last edited by herrmill on Fri Oct 09, 2009 10:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
herrmill

Postby herrmill » Fri Oct 09, 2009 10:32 pm

Here are a couple more photos showing corrections to the hull master based on the photos Rick is using.

herrmill

Previous

Return to New Product Announcements