Banner Ad 1

1/350 USS Enterprise RC A sub?

This is the place to post your submarine build- ups.

Postby SteveNeill » Wed Aug 26, 2009 1:34 pm

Glad you guys are enjoying this. I wondered how it would go over.

Mine will have a great deal more details and lights than his. I just hope it works as well without the pump jet. I have fashioned the dive planes and rudder assembly. Pictures later today.

Steve
SteveNeill
SubCommittee Member

Postby SteveNeill » Wed Aug 26, 2009 1:35 pm

Thanks for the link Redboat!! Big help!

Steve
SteveNeill
SubCommittee Member

Postby SteveNeill » Thu Aug 27, 2009 1:01 am

So I got a bunch more done. The WTC fits well and locks down when the lower hull opening is closed. Handy.

I got the business end done and tested the movement and all is very smooth being that it is so direct. That little Kilo prop you see back there really puts out a bunch of water. So I'm hopeful it will move the ship as well or better than the one shown in Japan.

There's plenty of room for a lipo next to the WTC in the wet. In will be sealed in a balloon. Nothing new here. Nice thing is the WTC with the dive planes, rudder and prop are all stand alone and remove form the lower hull in one piece.

Even better I never had to cut or modify the hull outside in anyway. When running her in the pool I can remove the WTC. Put back the hanger deck and even close the hanger door for display making this two models in one. I was hoping that would be the case and held off ordering another for display only. Good news all around.

I applied flat black to the inside of the neck and lower hull to stop light from leaking through and making the hull glow like the moon. Additionally I painted flat white back or it for reflection. It does take much light I've found to evenly make the windows glow. This kit even comes with insert clear window for every single hole!

Here's some pictures. I need to tidy up this a bit or at least blow off the grinding polycarb dust but you'll get the idea.

More to come.

Steve

SteveNeill
SubCommittee Member

Postby SteveNeill » Thu Aug 27, 2009 1:03 am

And a couple of it at distance. Hopefully in the water not much will show back there.

SteveNeill
SubCommittee Member

Postby redboat219 » Sat Aug 29, 2009 12:35 pm

Would be great if someone were to do a Klingon Bird of Prey RC sub conversion :lol: :lol: :lol:
"Make it simple, make it strong-and make it work!" - Mikhail Mil
redboat219

Postby junglelord » Sun Aug 30, 2009 4:41 pm

Hey, nice piece of work using the plexiglas to make it invisible.
I hope it runs well. I look forward to your videos.
Cheers
Dean
junglelord

Postby SteveNeill » Sun Aug 30, 2009 6:54 pm

Thanks. Me too.

Someone else would have to do the kinglon and other ships. I never really cared for them. But it would be cool to be chased by one.

Steve
SteveNeill
SubCommittee Member

Postby hakkikt » Sun Aug 30, 2009 7:14 pm

The Klingons could be very manoeuverable with thrusters in their bridges, on that long neck.
What a cool idea, an underwater space battle! :)
One could even add lasers, the beams might be visible if the water is not very clear.
- mobilis in mobili -
SC#1604
hakkikt

Postby SteveNeill » Sun Aug 30, 2009 7:17 pm

They are as it turns out. Although he has them in the wrong place. And you can go to Petco and get them for 4 bucks to play with cats. Water proof them and away you go.

Steve
SteveNeill
SubCommittee Member

Postby redboat219 » Mon Aug 31, 2009 1:54 am

There's a segment of the same Enterprise on youtube manuevering with the lasers barely visible. Looks just like a movie scene :D
redboat219

Postby SteveNeill » Fri Sep 04, 2009 2:09 am

Well attending to my wife with her foot in the cast and the wheel chair has made me the house maid and time has been short. As most of you that know me and my builds I would usually be done by this time. Oh well.

Now it just a matter of the build and lights. Work enough. First I had to flat blackout all the insides of the saucer section and nacelles and paint if white for reflection over the black. My tests have shown that one or two ultra bright LEDs light it up very well and evenly as a result of the white bouncing the light rays around. I may need to use less LEDs that I have already bought for her.

Next to glue in the saucer window sections and the clear windows. That means painting the outside as well first since it's impossible to mask off these small windows.

My plan is to make the saucer section removable and the top of the saucer to get to the lights and foam I'll use to trim her. The top will bolt on from underneath.

More to come as I figure this out bit by bit. I'm hoping tomorrow to get the saucer section together.

Steve

SteveNeill
SubCommittee Member

Postby SteveNeill » Fri Sep 04, 2009 1:10 pm

It's the Polar Lights 1/350 refit. There are 100s of links to it. It's a big model company. And it the biggest Enterprise model on the market from a larger company and not a garage shop. Do a search on goggle. You'll find tons.

Hey anything flies. Even a toilet and witch. In my years of flying I've seen it all! LOL!!

Steve
SteveNeill
SubCommittee Member

Postby Adz131 » Tue Sep 08, 2009 10:56 am

Hi

Steve

Awesome work as usual.

And good to see something different!!!!! :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XpjyW15Z ... re=related

1.52 into clip Enterprise A
you can see the propulsion

if you keep watching there's a voyager as well... i cant really see propulsion on that though.

keep up the good work!!!!!!

adam
Adz131

Postby SteveNeill » Tue Sep 08, 2009 3:01 pm

Adam thank you and thank you for the link too. Much appreciated!

Steve
SteveNeill
SubCommittee Member

Postby redboat219 » Thu Sep 10, 2009 10:46 am

Here's a video of a Starblazer Yamato presumably by the same guy who made the Enterprise. He shows a sample of the thrust vectoring nozzle used in both models

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yqZKeqXK ... =quicklist
redboat219

PreviousNext

Return to Builder Threads