Banner Ad 1

Scale Ships

R/C Submarine modelers

Scale Ships

Postby MHISNR » Sat Aug 29, 2009 11:56 am

Hello – I need some advice from you experienced submariners… 1. Has anyone purchased from the company ‘Scale Ships’; are they reliable? 2. I’m looking at purchasing their Akula-II model; how tuff is it to build? As always I value your opinions on R/C submarine modeling because I’m new to the hobby, and it is an investment in time and money. I’m trying to not make too many mistakes first time at the helm. Thanks again; MHISNR
MHISNR

Postby Wayne Frey » Sat Aug 29, 2009 6:47 pm

If you are talking about Vladimer's Akula II hull kit, no finer hull exists for this boat. Detail and workmanship is top shelf. Worth the money. And if you have any problems, Vladimer is always helpful.
As far as how difficult a build, it is just a fiberglass hull with details, a prop, photoetch, and decals. The usual things go to putting it together.
Many here, including me, will be glad to answer questions and guide you through.
I do have one I am putting together now.
SCM #653
SubCommittee Vice President 2006-2008
Author-Russian Submarines, Guardians of the Motherland
Member-Saint Petersburg Russia Submarine Club
Wayne Frey
SubCommittee Member

Postby MHISNR » Sun Aug 30, 2009 12:41 am

Many thanks to you for your reply... MHISNR
MHISNR

Postby U552 » Mon Aug 31, 2009 2:20 am

Hi from MAdrid. I'm also dealing with this fine sub. Now are working in aerials fitting while preparing wtc and all the required stuff to make it navigate. I'm going to follow wheelerdealer system, but with a 600 ml piston tank.

Enjoy your building :D
U552

Thanks!

Postby MHISNR » Tue Sep 01, 2009 8:16 am

Thank you for your reply it’s very helpful… Please keep me posted as to your progress in building your Akula. MHISNR
MHISNR

Return to R/C Modeler