Banner Ad 1

Cut Away Seaview

Static Submarine modelers unite!

Cut Away Seaview

Postby junglelord » Sat Aug 22, 2009 8:11 pm

I believe I am going to try to create a cutaway Seaview
junglelord

Postby Robert F. » Fri Sep 25, 2009 2:08 pm

Hi Dean, any progress on this ambitious project yet?

Robert
Robert F.
SubCommittee Member

Postby junglelord » Sun Sep 27, 2009 4:01 pm

Thanks for asking.

I was waiting for some replacement parts from Moebieus.
Anglea at Moebius took great care of me, the service was fast and I now have parts for four complete Seaviews and only had to buy two. I got an awsome deal on ebay from a gentleman that sold me a ton of stuff for much less then half. I got two complete Subdriver units, 2 SL 8 rx, brand new 6 channel tx, two Seaviews (one kit missing three parts, which I now have, thanks Angela and Moebius), batteries, etc. I was very fortunate to meet up with that seller. I need to still get my funds together for a Big Dave unit. I guess that will be around christmas. So I will have one unit for display. I was concidering if it might be a cutaway unit. Not 100% sure if I am going that way, or with just a lighted model.

But I was planning out my build in my head the other day, you must have read my mind.

My hobby space was down for a while, due to a new furnace and hotwater tank being installed. I have to open it all back up now that things are done. I should have some photos available soon as I start the project.

I think for economy, its going to be lit with christmas tree LED string bought during boxing day sale, so its going to be a few months till I am done, but hey its going to look really good in the end I hope.

Irwin is known for his artistic license between shows, etc. The Seaview presents several challanges therefore.

I do have some research. The offical pic from the show, has only two levels, not three. That in and of itself seems to be something that has not be done in cutaway, as far a I can tell.

This plan shows the periscope under the tower, which is not the way it presents in the show.

Question as to the placement of the reactors

This has three levels

I see that others have taken artistic licence so I am deciding how many levels at present, two or three.

junglelord

Re: Cut Away Seaview

Postby clive » Sun Jan 31, 2010 6:08 pm

I don't often look at the 'Static' model site because I have always considered it to be a bit basic. Whilst browsing earlier today I saw your input "Cut Away Seaview" and was amazed at the work you are or have undertaken. My intention is to build a working Seaview, preferably something about 60 inches long if I can ever find suitable plans, but in recent years I seem to have spent more time under the surgeons knife than I can spend on modelling but it will get done soon I hope.

I shall spend much more time looking at the Static Modeller site in future

Regards

Clive
Clive An active pensioner living in Wiltshire, England
clive

Return to Static Modeler