Banner Ad 1

2009 Subregatta comments

Know of an upcoming modeling event?

2009 Subregatta comments

Postby admiralscommander » Sun Aug 09, 2009 9:03 pm

I want to thank everyone that could attend this year's Subregatta. I feel that we all had a great time. Those of us here in Indiana are so blessed with such a wonderful facility to have such events and we love being able to share it will all of you. Our pond is open to you all, anytime.
Thank you so much for being such wonderful guests! We (the Indianapolis Admirals and the local Subcommittee members) enjoyed having you out to our home. You all pitched in to help and deserve a big pat on the back! We hope to see you all next year. The event in 2010 is up to you, though. Let us all know what you think and where you would like it to be held. You are the ones that have to drive or fly.
We never tire of such wonderful company!!!

Thanks, again,
Chris Campbell
admiralscommander

regatta

Postby fgroza » Mon Aug 10, 2009 9:19 am

chris,
I would like to thank you for making the event a great time. Also, thank you for ordering the weather!! A little windy but sunny! Great hot dogs!

Frank
fgroza

Postby SteveNeill » Mon Aug 10, 2009 4:06 pm

How about in LA in the spring or SF?

This way no heat and us California folks can attend more easily?

Steve
SteveNeill
SubCommittee Member

Postby Skip Asay » Mon Aug 10, 2009 4:10 pm

I would like to thank the Indy Admirals, SubComEast, and SubRon 6 for another patented outrageous SubRegatta. Bravo Zulu to all!!

Skip Asay
The U.S. of A - Land of the Free BECAUSE of the Brave
Skip Asay

Postby Skip Asay » Mon Aug 10, 2009 4:19 pm

"How about in LA in the spring or SF?"

First, contact the SubCommittee for their Regatta Handbook.

Then find the location which has the following:
Good water
Close facilities
Close, substantial parking
Shade (either a covered pavilion, trees, or a tent)
Food nearby (or a vendor on premises)
Enough warm bodies dedicated enough to give all for the cause

Once all that is done, then, and only then, approach the SubCommittee for sponsorship.

Please note that the SubCommittee does not run these events. They only sponsor.

Skip Asay
The U.S. of A - Land of the Free BECAUSE of the Brave
Skip Asay

Postby SteveNeill » Mon Aug 10, 2009 4:58 pm

Of course Skip I was not aware of that. However the question was asked where people might like to see it next year so that was my suggestion. However it is food for thought should I be able to muster those warm bodies. The problem I've found in the past is getting much interest out here on the left coast. ;)

Just the same thanks for your response.

Steve
SteveNeill
SubCommittee Member

A Great Thanks

Postby Ronnie B » Mon Aug 10, 2009 6:08 pm

I just want to say thank you to all who again did such a great job in making this Regatta a wonderfull place to be!!!!!
This was my 2nd time and had even a better time then last year,not that last year was bad ,just that I could remember people and have more conversation and feel more comfortable around all.
THANKS
Ron

:D :D :D :D :D
U Boats, The only boats that you want to sink!!
Ronnie B

Postby Myles Yancey » Mon Aug 10, 2009 6:32 pm

Hi everyone I had a great time, it was nice to see everyone I had not seen in the last few years, and it was great making some new friends also.

Thank you Jim Butt, and Jeff LaRue and all the Sc members who work to put the event on.

Thank you to all the Indiana Admirals who work so had to put together such a great event on, Thank you to the City of Carmel Indiana for letting hold such a great event at their War Memorial Reflection Pool.

Thanks everyone for the great memories which I will always remember.

By the way in a last passing thought thanks also to Patty Osler for being such a good sport, She will for ever be known as the Admiral/General of the 8 balls.

Thanks Myles
If you are not part of the solution to a problem then say nothing at all
Myles Yancey

Postby Larry Kuntz » Tue Aug 11, 2009 2:30 pm

Another big THANK YOU to the Indy Admirals. Had a great time and another thank you as I also won one of your raffle prizes.
Had a great time. :D
Larry Kuntz
SubRon8
ImageImage
Larry Kuntz
SubCommittee Member

Postby pigeonfarmboy » Tue Aug 11, 2009 6:40 pm

It was my first time out and I wish I had been able to stay longer. I'll be living close enough to Carmel to come and be a part of the club for good. The organization of the event was way over my expectations. Everyone I bothered with questions were very patient and helped me out alot.
pigeonfarmboy

It just doesn't get any better that this.............

Postby subdude » Tue Aug 11, 2009 10:27 pm

Folks, let me tell you, if you missed it, then you really missed it. What a great event. I cannot even begin to express my gratitude to all the guys in the Indy Admirals who make things happen so apparently effortlessly. With the able help of many SubCommittee members, everything was smooth as silk.

The guys who did the Saturday seminars put on a great show of very informative presentations, spanning all interest levels. And we got to finish the evening with Sub cake (thanks, Erich!)

I'd also like to say thanks to all the people who really stepped up in support of the SubRegatta with their generous donations for the raffle table. There was an absolutely amazing amount of goodies there for the picking. Don from Loyalhanna Dockyard even donated a bottle of CA to every participant.

This event is always the highlight of my summer, and this year ranks right there with the best of them. Thanks again to all.

Jim
Underwater, the ONLY way to fly!

SubCommittee member #0069 (since the dawn of time)
subdude
SubCommittee Member

Postby hakkikt » Thu Aug 13, 2009 4:29 am

That pool looks ideal for RC sub driving... large area, good access, shallow enough to wade in and retrieve a sub that has a problem.

So... since it obviously was not made for that purpose, WHAT was it actually built for? What do people do with it the rest of the year? It is too shallow for swimming, is it just lying there being pretty?
- mobilis in mobili -
SC#1604
hakkikt

Postby fgroza » Thu Aug 13, 2009 2:48 pm

I believe it is a reflecting pool for a war memorial. The admirals use it for running their boats during the year. Someone from the admirals chime in here and correct me if i'm wrong. There are fun runs held there also on several weekends during the year. It is the ideal place to test/run a model boat of any type. Easy to retrieve if need be.
Frank
fgroza

2009 scale fun at the Carmel reflecting pond

Postby hampboats » Fri Aug 14, 2009 1:03 am

Dave Hampton
Indy Admirals
www.indyadmirals.org
hampboats
SubCommittee Member

Postby admiralscommander » Fri Aug 14, 2009 9:16 pm

The city built the pond to be a focal point to the main project that is being built right now. Opposite the pond will be a performing arts center, theater, shops, restaurants, and grassy mall.

The city lets anyone with sailboat or electric powered boat to use it at any time. We use it for funruns. I think it is perfect for running boats.

Chris Campbell
admiralscommander

Next

Return to Upcoming Events and SubRegattas