I've decided to go for a airbrush but all the stories of people having trouble with the cans of air made me build a compresor first. I found plans for a silent compressor using a fridge compresor and since I had a freezercompressor (big sucker) I built mine around that. I used a gas tank (propane) as used in campers and stuff like that (5kg) as a reservoir. These have been tested up to 30 bars.
The first tests showed that it works great. 8 bars in 3 minutes looks good to me. I have some trouble with moisture in the air at present but need to fine tune the setup since my moisture trap does not seem to work.
I'll keep you guys up to date and thanks for your replies.
You don't stop playing because you get older,
you get older because you stop playing.