Next came the metal deck and hydroplane pushrod fittings. You can see how the metal deck parts had been bent badly. They were not evenly bent to shape, and worst of all they had been formed the wrong way round - the deck piece with the slot for the hydroplane pushrod had ended up on the wrong side.
So I cleaned them up and flatened the two deck parts back out on the bench vice anvil with a hammer and then bent them into the correct shapes.
The Old parts (note the slot for pushrod is on the wrong side)
I made up some deck support strips from spare plastic sheet and glued them in to correct position on the hull.
You can also see in this picture the pushrod seal tube fitted into position in the pressure hull.
Notice at this point the internals and pressure bulkhead have been painted their light blue colour.
And here the re-shaped deck pieces seen dryfitted.
You will probably have noticed by now that the hydroplane arrangement has been altered away from the current design of one large offset diveplane. After discussion with the client we agreed to go down this route and give this Delta an experimental dive plane arrangement ..call it flight II. He preffered a symetrical design, and it seemed like a natural exploration. In keeping with the real Delta I have constructed the dive planes out of clear perspex.