I'm currently detailing the Kilo.
I have sanded off the rails along the edges of the deck, so I can create a more curved upper deck.
a separate brass wire will later be re-attached.
Also the tower is a bit more like the photo's.
- the lamp holders are no longer square
- the grating on the side ( it is a cardboard HO scale road drain cover )
- the exhaust on the back of the tower
- an extra hatch and knob I saw on a photo
- some general putty to hide the original seams of the kit
I started painting the interior stuff and shades black as well.
Next weekend I will be running the Kilo, I would be nice to have a
provisional coat of paint by then, so "she is ready for her closeup".