Banner Ad 1

1/72 Foxtrot

Heard about a new product? Announce it here!

1/72 Foxtrot

Postby ShadowPeo » Thu Nov 13, 2008 12:29 am

There is a 1/72 Foxtrot kit going to be produced provided the numbers are right, we currently have 7 confirmed people. we are looking for people who would be willing to put down the deposit for the kit (kit cost will be about 550 so a 275 deposit). The kit will be made by a well known person who does not want their name shared (those who are SP members will know who it is and please do not mention as per their request) those that are interested please PM me (currently looking at a total of 20 kits being made)
ShadowPeo

Arkmodel 1/72 Foxtrot

Postby herrmill » Fri Apr 03, 2009 2:58 am

After several false starts on this project & seeing Arkmodel's new 212 several weeks ago, I asked Mr. Feng if he would be interested in developing a 1/72 Foxtrot. He just confirmed that today in an email.

The kit will be produced from a CNC master with FRP split hull, loads of detail, masts, fittings, props & will be available with the same options found on his 212 & Type 39 Song: bollard & mast elevation, torpedo cab, etc.. He also will be offering a matching WTC.

Cost will be approximately 35% less than what was previously mentioned. Lead time is to be 3-4 month once deposit is placed.

I have no financial interest in this project & am promoting this only so we have another interesting model available in the market.

Lets see a show of hands here who would be interested or feel free to send a PM for more details.

Chuck

herrmill

Postby Tommydeen » Mon Apr 06, 2009 1:15 am

Is this for-real??
Tommydeen
SubCommittee Member

Postby Slats » Mon Apr 06, 2009 2:01 am

It certainly is.

And I love it for so many reasons.

:lol: :D
John Slater

Sydney, Australia
Slats

Postby tincanrider » Mon Apr 06, 2009 12:28 pm

Is there a U.S dealer for these kits and is there a catalog? Keith
tincanrider

Postby aquadeep » Mon Apr 06, 2009 2:18 pm

Go to Arkmodel.com for his online catalog.
There you can get an idea of the quality of his kits there quite nice I have 2 the new 212A and the Red Dragon.

Dave
Last edited by aquadeep on Wed Apr 08, 2009 7:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"I like submarine comanders ,they don't have time for bull!!" and
"Don't tell me it can't be done!"

President Roosevelt

Dave Amur Ship Yard
aquadeep

Postby Tommydeen » Tue Apr 07, 2009 3:03 am

John.. have you bought one? 1/72 foxtrot is a great subject and the scale is right to. if Arkmodel did a Zulu and sold them together they could call it the "Cuban missle crisis" package :wink:
Tommydeen
SubCommittee Member

Yes, Its About to Happen

Postby herrmill » Tue Apr 07, 2009 4:54 am

To second John's comment, yes this is real & about to happen.

I live in Hangzhou about 45 minutes from Arkmodel's factory & see Feng every few weeks. He belongs to our local RC sailing / scale boat club, West Lake Irregulars, & has been kind enough to develop this kit for us.

I have his Type 39 Song & have seen the new 212 up close & personal a few weeks ago. Its very nicely detailed & already on my wish list. The Foxtrot will be as well detailed but of FRP, not the ABS like used in his mass production kits.

Their website is fairly limited in the range of what you'll find. Certainly you won't see a Foxtrot there since this was just committed less than a week ago.

From the replies I've received since Friday's post, we have 7 confirmed buyers & more than a few others thinking it over. TF72 members are being notified in their April newsletter so I expect we'll hit the magic number within the week.

To make this as efficient & trouble-free as possible, we've decided to think outside the box & are running this as a co-op. I'm the point man who will put down the deposits & manage the project from start to finish. Again, I live in the neighborhood & will be updating status to all parties involved.

If you're on the fence or think you don't have funds, there will be 3 installment payments starting with a $110 deposit to get the ball rolling with an estimated delivery by 1 Sept. A second deposit will be due once the CAD work is confirmed before tooling commences with final 50% balance due at time of shipment. Once this initial run is made, prices will undoubtedly rise so get on the bus while you can.

To answer the question about a local dealer, there is currently something in the works but I can't provide any details since that's between Arkmodel & his pending dealer. I would expect this kit would be part of the offering but its still early in the game.

If anyone here is interested, please get with me at your earliest convenience. Once we have 10 serious buyers, I'll send details to all regarding payment & commence with getting this beast built.

You can reach me either by PM or email at herrmill@gmail.com.

Chuck

PS - If this works out as nice I as I think it will, we'll already thinking what could be next. I've been lobbying for a 1/48 U-35 (WWI), Feng's partial to PLAN subs & has been thinking Han class, who knows...

herrmill

Postby Slats » Tue Apr 07, 2009 9:05 pm

Tommydeen wrote:John.. have you bought one? 1/72 foxtrot is a great subject and the scale is right to. if Arkmodel did a Zulu and sold them together they could call it the "Cuban missle crisis" package :wink:

Yes I am in for one of these.
The moment Chuck wants the deposit I'll PP him.

In fact it makes it easier to buy the kit this way- kind of a lay by / installment plan, and yes I reackon the moment the initial production run of the kit is done the price will rise.

Its a bit like buying off the plan!

Best
John
John Slater

Sydney, Australia
Slats

Postby Albion » Wed Apr 08, 2009 1:46 am

As per other forums, im in for this one
Albion

Postby Jianaran » Wed Apr 08, 2009 9:24 am

Don't have the cash for this right now (:(), but it looks like an awesome kit... I'm a real sucker for these old Soviet boats, and so if this goes into production I'd be looking at one in 6-12 months time.

Next stop... November? Or a Hotel?
Jianaran

Postby herrmill » Wed Apr 08, 2009 6:13 pm

As of this morning we have 9 committed buyers with 2 of those in SG. Looks like you're going to have fleet down there, Albion. :wink:
herrmill

Postby Albion » Wed Apr 08, 2009 7:21 pm

Hmm, indian, libyan or north korean versions
Albion

Postby herrmill » Wed Apr 08, 2009 7:34 pm

Not sure, but knowing the other Foxtrot will be berthed alongside a Kilo that is soon to arrive in SG, I'd suspect Indian.
herrmill

We need 2 more.

Postby herrmill » Fri May 08, 2009 9:02 pm

We are stuck at 8 committed buyers & need 2 more to make this project a reality.

If anyone here is interested in a new Foxtrot kit, please get with me.

Chuck

herrmill

Next

Return to New Product Announcements