Banner Ad 1

2009 CARMEL - SubRegatta

Know of an upcoming modeling event?

Postby JWLaRue » Tue Feb 17, 2009 3:26 pm

Myles Yancey wrote:.....So Jeff who do we send the raffel prizes to SMILE :roll:

....patience, Grasshopper.

-Jeff
Rohr 1.....Los!
JWLaRue
SubCommittee Member

Postby tabledancer » Mon Mar 23, 2009 3:23 pm

I`m planning to be there.Will be making reservations soon.

TD :wink:
Don`t forget,its going to be dark tonite.
tabledancer

Postby TMSmalley » Fri Mar 27, 2009 6:33 pm

Hope you don't mind the "exhausted rooster" chiming in here, but I know from personal experience how important raffle prizes are to the success, fun and financial balance sheet of the regatta.

If you're not going to be able to attend the 2009 SubRegatta, send your donations for the SubRaffle Table (which helps pay for the event) to unsung SubRegatta hero and SC Vice Prez, Chris Campbell at his work address:

REGO-FIX Tool Corp.
Attn: Chris Campbell - Customer Service
7752 Moller Rd.
Indianapolis, IN 46268

If you ARE coming to the regatta and have some donations you are going to hand-carry to the show, let Paul Crozier know so he can figure out what we have and what we need - paul@warfish.com

Tim
Tim Smalley
TMSmalley
SubCommittee Member

DVD HIATUS

Postby Kerry Addington » Mon Apr 06, 2009 12:06 pm

Due to technical and other considerations, there is a 90% probability that I will not be producing a SubRegatta DVD for 09.
Just one more good reason to be there in person.
And, plenty of time to save up for that BluRay player as 2010, if in Carmel, would likely be HD.
-Kerry
Kerry Addington

no DVD for '09 regatta???

Postby Wilsonsubs » Mon Apr 06, 2009 3:53 pm

ok..... is this an april fools joke?

I'm getting the feeling that Carmel '09 might be held in the kiddy pool at the Holiday Inn by the highway if this keeps up.
Michael Wilson
Wilsonsubs
SubCommittee Member

Postby JWLaRue » Mon Apr 06, 2009 4:40 pm

Hi Mike,

Why do you think that Kerry's posting might be some sort of joke?

Kerry puts a *lot* of time and money into making regatta DVDs and I've been hearing that sales are not justifying his investment to continue.

-Jeff
Rohr 1.....Los!
JWLaRue
SubCommittee Member

Postby Kerry Addington » Mon Apr 06, 2009 5:38 pm

Let me try and wrap this up so the thread can move on.
Needless to say the production of a DVD by me, or anyone else who chooses to do so, is not in any way related to the status, success or failure of the event. It was my decision alone to take a hiatus, and not much choice involved. Among other considerations, I will not have access to the necessary production equipment during the requisite timeframe.
I was never elected or appointed as producer of the last 4 Subregatta DVD's, I just happened to live in the same town, and in 2005 their was a need to produce professional-quality b-roll for television media promotional purposes, and a DVD that could be played at trade shows, club meetings and other opportunities.
That has been done. Some might say four times.
Since then, the proliferation of builder threads on websites, YouTube and other video sharing solutions have exponentially filled the visual learning void in our hobby that warranted addressing in 2005.

I must confess that I am looking forward to seeing my first SubRegatta with both eyes.
Kerry Addington

Hang on a sec..... I think we've misunderstood

Postby Wilsonsubs » Tue Apr 07, 2009 10:13 am

Dang guys..... :roll:
the april fools thing was just joking around to see if he was kidding.
It was April 1 2009 the other day ya know.

I've seen the dvd's and think they are a must have. I think they have a lot of hard work behind them and show the hobby at it's best.
I was planning on buying whatever was on hand at the regatta to catch me up on my missing copies. I was looking forward to being IN the DVD this year too.... that is a big let down for me but I understand Kerry's point and respect it.

The part about the kiddy pool was me voicing my disappointment from hearing guys are either not coming or thinking about not coming.
The point of a regatta is to get together. There's alot of you guys I want to meet for the first time or meet again. My point is if you aint there then the experience won't be the same.

The economy is the same for me too but I'm coming from Florida..... because I think it's worth it.

Wasn't trying to make anyone feel bad.... if I did I'm sorry.

M
Michael Wilson
Wilsonsubs
SubCommittee Member

Postby subdude » Tue Apr 07, 2009 7:10 pm

Michael,

I agree that Kerry not doing the DVD this year is a disappointment to many of us, but I most certainly cannot fault his reasoning. If someone else would want to step in and do it, I would be delighted to hear from them.

As to the "kiddie pool" comment, I'm VERY curious why you would have thought that. From every indication that I have, we may just have a record turnout for Carmel this year. We have already had to ask the hotel (twice!) to increase the number of rooms blocked off for us over the previous year's numbers. I'm looking forward to seeing all the "usual gang", plus a number of folks who have told me that they're coming for the first time.
Underwater, the ONLY way to fly!

SubCommittee member #0069 (since the dawn of time)
subdude
SubCommittee Member

Postby Pirate » Tue Apr 07, 2009 8:00 pm

I'll be there with my water wings and everything. Actually, can't wait.

If you were planning on getting a SubRegatta 2009 DVD to replace going to the event, then you better start saving your pennies to be there, because that's the only way you're going to see it. And believe me, it's definitely worth it, if for just experiencing it one time.

The venue in Carmel is second to none for running submarines. Clear, shallow water, and lots of it.
So be there, or be a land lubber.

Pete
HOLD FAST
Pirate
SubCommittee Member

Postby TMSmalley » Tue Apr 07, 2009 8:14 pm

Especially the East Coast guys! There has been a very light attendance from that region. Comon' fellahs, it is possible for a car to get from CT to IN! It's only 800 miles - you can do that in a long day's drive. The Rochester gang can do it - you can't let them beat you. People are having a hard time believing you have subs that actually work! :D

The gin clear water, a ton of other subs to run with and absolutly no fear of losing a boat makes Carmel the best sub runing venue in the county!!

Last edited by TMSmalley on Wed Apr 15, 2009 11:26 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Tim Smalley
TMSmalley
SubCommittee Member

Postby wlambing » Tue Apr 07, 2009 8:46 pm

Tim, Bite me!

B^)
"If you ignore the problem long enough, it will go away. Even flooding stops eventually!"
wlambing
SubCommittee Member

Postby Pirate » Wed Apr 08, 2009 12:15 am

Not only that (what Tim said), but it's the best in the country too.
HOLD FAST
Pirate
SubCommittee Member

Previous

Return to Upcoming Events and SubRegattas