Banner Ad 1

ITALERI Schnellboot Typ S-100

Heard about a new product? Announce it here!

ITALERI Schnellboot Typ S-100

Postby STARK » Tue Dec 02, 2008 7:01 pm

I ordered the New ITALERI 1:35 Schnellboot typ S-100 from Squadron Mail Order a week this day ago, and with the Thanksgiving Holliday it showed up on the porch today!
Cost $224.98 + .95 cents insurance and you may think that a lot of cash for these day’s but I got to point out it is all in what you want, and what you get. For a long time I have been wanting such a model to R/C for those lake patrols seeing all the duck’s lined up, and like my PT Boat every run on a foul lake side brings a tear of joy to my eye!

The model came well boxed and with out even so much as a ding in the box, witch is good because I like to keep the boxes for some reason! I opened the box to find a one piece LT & RT hull Part from Bow to Stern just like the model we have been seeing sneak peak shots of here and their on the Web! A smaller box by itself contains screws and nuts for putting four center braces together along the Port and Starboard hull sides! Eight small covers are then glued in place on the hull's out side to hide the screw heads!
I see the tube doors are set up to swing open if you don’t glue them shut, and can invision a simple servo control to open them, this kit Must have launching Torpedoes!

In the small box you also find a 45 page Instruction Manuel showning each build step in Computer Graphic, and very nicely done here, any goof ball can assemble this boat, even me!!
A Defective/missing part order form, Decals, and a crisp clean Photo Etch set for the model, even a Mask sheet is in their for wind screen painting! Hatches, hinges, grills, ammo boxes, armor plate window shields, and cross grid steps are some of the PE parts.

A Photographic Reference Manual come along for the boat too, this includes a brief history section, and a Color PE references assembly for the Boat in real photo's!! They even had a Master Modeler Build a few of the Gun’s, and section of the boat are pictured in the pamphlet!

Two color computer models show a paint and decal reference as well. I have seen a few models of this boat out their and held back from buying them, and now it is apparent why, this is from start to finish the finest Plastic Injection Model on this subject I have ever seen, or GRP for that matter. And the Scale Rock’s!, she will make a fine R/C boat or a display model for any body wishing to have the S-100 version of the model! Italeri may not know it yet but they have just convinced me to buy their PT boat of the same scale!

MORE TO COME
Brian
Last edited by STARK on Wed Dec 03, 2008 11:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
What one Man can do, You can do too!

http://forum.model-marina.com/
STARK

Postby sam reichart » Tue Dec 02, 2008 9:38 pm

lot of cash for a plastic model. I know it's large, but over $200?

I picked up the PT Boat new in box at the last IPMS show for $50. maybe down the line this will be available for less.
what were once vices are now habits
sam reichart
SubCommittee Member

Postby STARK » Tue Dec 02, 2008 10:33 pm

I hope you do Sam, I know you will like it a lot!

I get some photos up Wensday.

Brian

STARK

Postby STARK » Wed Dec 03, 2008 12:14 pm

A great Book on the S-Boats by Steve Wiper, ISBN # 1 86176 278 X these books are put out by the Ship Craft series and packed full info on the subjects!

This is my paint plan for the boat right out of the book!

MORE TO COME

Brian

STARK

Postby tincanrider » Wed Dec 03, 2008 12:43 pm

TOWER HOBBIES is taking backorders for this kit at $189.99,
tincanrider

Postby Bigdave » Wed Dec 03, 2008 4:44 pm

It looks really good Brian. :D
Don't you just love those big boxes on the doorstep!! 8) :lol: BD.
David Welch
Commodore SR-8

"Eat your pudding Mr Land". "I ain't sure it's puddin" James Mason-Kirk
Douglas, 20K
Bigdave
SubCommittee Member

Postby STARK » Wed Dec 03, 2008 4:50 pm

Yea big time :D

but not the wife :evil:

Brian