Banner Ad 1

Houston Run This Saturday (8-30-08)

Local Chapter covering Texas, Oklahoma, Colorado, Kansas, and Nebraska.

Houston Run This Saturday (8-30-08)

Postby PaulC » Tue Aug 26, 2008 1:22 pm

Howdy guys,

As things sometimes do, an opportunity to get together around submarines has come together rather quickly. Gail Phillips, Don Baker and myself will be meeting at Bane Park in Houston on Saturday morning, August 30, 2008, for the purpose of sinking models. Anyone who wants to join us is more than welcome.

Bane Park is just northwest of the intersection of Hwy. 290 and W. Little York. If you are interested, please send me an email and I'll keep you posted regarding times.

With several new locations looking good for sub running around town it is our goal to try and organize more sub modeling activity in the Houston area. With 5 million souls in our immediate area there's got to be a few more interested in subs, right? Come hang out with us and help get things going.
Warm regards,

Paul Crozier
<><
PaulC
SubCommittee Member

Postby PaulC » Fri Aug 29, 2008 7:33 am

Here's the update: we'll meet at the park at 10:00 am on Saturday (8-30). Hope to see you there!
Warm regards,

Paul Crozier
<><
PaulC
SubCommittee Member

Postby PaulC » Sat Aug 30, 2008 11:08 pm

Okay, the run today at Bane Park was the most fun I've had with a submarine since July 4, 2008. The park is a perfect place to run and we had a good turnout: Gail Phillips, Don Baker, Wayne Frey and newcomer Randy Chisum. Randy took pics and video so we'll get some shots up as soon as they are available.

This should become a regular thing here in H-town.
Warm regards,

Paul Crozier
<><
PaulC
SubCommittee Member

Postby JefftyToo » Mon Sep 01, 2008 12:06 am

Already looking forward to joining you guys there next year. Let's see those pix!

Best,
Jeff
Sure writing is easy: just sit staring at a blank page until the drops of blood start forming on your forehead.
JefftyToo
SubCommittee Member

Postby PaulC » Wed Sep 03, 2008 9:46 pm

Here are some images of the run courtesy Randy Chisum:

Gail's Oyashio. Water depth here is between four and five feet. It was wonderfully clear.

Rendezvous of three boats: Oyashio, Thresher, and Batfish. There was a good breeze that raised the sea state a bit.

Wayne's Akula project overlooks the running area. The concrete bulkhead makes a wonderful place from which to drive.

Left to right: Don Baker, Wayne Frey, Paul Crozier, Gail Phillips. Image taken by Randy Chisum. Thanks, Randy!

Warm regards,

Paul Crozier
<><
PaulC
SubCommittee Member

Return to SubRon5