Banner Ad 1

monthly meeting

South Carolina, Alabama, Georgia, and Florida Local Chapter

monthly meeting

Postby g2tiger » Thu Aug 14, 2008 7:14 pm

Gents,

It is time for a reminder of the regular meeting. That would be Aug 23 at Gilligan's Island park in Kingsland, GA. The usual time of 10 am and as previously mentioned it is a show if you want type of thing.

See you there.

Charlie
g2tiger
SubCommittee Member

Still going to meet

Postby g2tiger » Tue Aug 19, 2008 6:07 pm

Gents,

We should still plan on meeting even after the storm unless it is a real bad deal for South Ga, N. Florida. 10 am and bring a sub.

Any questions let me know (g2tiger@comcast.net)

Charlie
g2tiger
SubCommittee Member

Postby Rogue Sub » Wed Aug 20, 2008 4:40 pm

Yeah I have a problem! Im to far away to attend!

You gonna bring your Gato. I want pictures!
Kevin
A Global Force For Good

http://WWW.ROGUESUBWORKS.COM
Rogue Sub

BAD NEWS

Postby g2tiger » Thu Aug 21, 2008 10:10 am

Gents,

Due to Tropicalhurricanenortheaster Faye it has been decided to post pone the monthly meeting. There are several reasons such as projected heavy rain may flood the road into the park and also make the water in the lake "junky" so to speak. Add to that that the bad weather may hang around for a day or two after the storm providing the storm gets tired and actually leaves Florida. As we all know it ain't no fun when the rain and wind are blowing.

So the next meeting will be Sept on the fourth weekend Saturday.

Charlie

P.S.
Kevin,

Pictures soon.
g2tiger
SubCommittee Member

Postby Doug_Gracey » Fri Aug 22, 2008 7:33 pm

Hey DeepSouthers, I have an on-scene Gilligan's Island condition report...

I'm currently staying in Kingsland Ga weathering out FAY. I stopped by GI this afternoon. The entrance road is not flooded out but the gate for the park is locked to bar entry, so I can't comment on the condition of the water clarity or "junkyness"... :?

I tried to call Warren to let him know I'd be in the area but couldn't raise him. Hope you all weather the weather... :wink:

Cheers,
Doug

living like a refugee...
Doug_Gracey

We survived Faye!

Postby g2tiger » Sat Aug 23, 2008 11:21 am

Really not much to report on Faye other than lots of water and wind. I suspect if that was a real hurricane I would have lost my fence and a large oak in my yard would have put a sun roof in the neighbors garage.

I was not able to do much on my models as the shed does not have conditioned air and after a mere fifteen minutes or so it became very humid and hard to concentrate with the doors closed to keep the water out.

So we sat around most of the day and watched movies and storm news. I gotta tel ya that there are some real dumb ones out there.

Charlie
g2tiger
SubCommittee Member

Return to SubComDeepSouth