Well it's been awhile since I posted any building here. I spent the last 4 months working on a target from scratch. The Bronekater Russian armored patrol boat with a t-34 turret.
I made all masters and RTV molds for this one with the hopes as offering it as a kit. But the work was so involved just to make two kits I've decided to can it. Maybe offer the masters to someone that does want to make kits.
While I waiting until BD (who's the only other owner of the BK kit!) to get the Seaview sorted out mine waits taped together.
Now BD was kind enough awhile back to send me a completed with servos and all electronics 3 inch RCABS-R WTC. It has been homeless for awhile since a large shelf fell on my 1/96 GW.
I was never a big fan of the Disney design Nautilus. I mean I like it and all but when I read more details and saw Sharpe's model and other designs based on the book I fell in love.
My design lies somewhere between Sharpe's and a bit of Disney with the tail. I like the look of the tail. So I thought it might be nice to scratch up a one off. No kit this time.
A trip to the hardware store and the LHS fro styrene and I was off. One big PVC pipe and some Styrene scratched cones and other detail and I would have the beast.
So far I have spent 12 days from concept. This is really fun just building a single model where scale is what you make it and no molds or masters. I have never done it before.
Here's some pictures from the build. I still have to make a few more parts but the boat is ready to rig and install the WTC. I will make a prop today and finish of the other parts.
Then I'll be doing all those rivets but I have a technique I used on the BK build you might find interesting. It's a very fast way to do rivets.