Banner Ad 1

Oklahoma event

Local Chapter covering Texas, Oklahoma, Colorado, Kansas, and Nebraska.

Postby wolfsong » Fri Mar 21, 2008 10:05 am

To us the Sub as Prt of the Pool is a great idea.. im certain, we can get some realy nice pictures of our boats.. especially those guys, who built the revell Gato...

are we plan on making this into the big yearly event ?
if so, i would be glad to help, where i can..
it takes me about 2 1/2 hours to get down there..

stefan
Submariner, qualified in 1990 ,U21 Class 206

Life is Simple.. either you are qualified or you are not ! .. silent service
wolfsong

Postby PaulC » Tue Mar 25, 2008 11:01 am

Stefan,

Yes, the concensus is this will be the venue for our big event, Sun N Fun 2008.

I appreciate your willingness to serve. Don Baker is our man on the scene and would love to talk with you. You can email him via: chris2@poncacity.net.

I'll put up a seperate post in the events forum and start sending out emails to the SubRon5 membership. Should be a blast!
Warm regards,

Paul Crozier
<><
PaulC
SubCommittee Member

Postby TMSmalley » Tue Mar 25, 2008 7:40 pm

If this happens be sure to contact me in advance and we will get you one of the SubCommittee banners to display along with yours!
Tim Smalley
TMSmalley
SubCommittee Member

Postby BoomerFunker » Thu Jun 19, 2008 7:08 pm

Well kids, we are down to about two weeks till the Batfish SunNFun08 and in addition to getting all your boats in tip top condition I want to take this opportunity to remind you to get your sub knowledge up to snuff too.

While the event itself will be "competition free" the after-hours activites will not. You are invited to participate in a submarine themed, team trivia game with Jeopardy rules in effect for fabulous* prizes and bragging rights. Some of the categories will include: Famous fleetboats, sub movies, modern boats, and sub culture including dignitaries of the illustrious SC itself!

The second event will test your mettle, and resourcefulness to see if you got what it takes to be a bubblehead. You will be competing against the losers (or cheaters) team from the trivia game again but you are in a race to get qualified and achieve certain sub-themed events all over the Batfish in the quickest time treasure hunt style, including more fabulous* prizes and bragging rights.

The team with the highest cummulative score of the two events will be declared the winners. The other team will be declared non-qual air breathing pukes.

Jeff Porteous and Paul Crozier have been "volunteered" as captains of their Blue or Gold crew teams, so don't let down the "Old Man!"

TomK

* Prizes not actually fabulous. Pretty neat though.
BoomerFunker
SubCommittee Member

Postby PaulC » Wed Jul 02, 2008 10:56 am

Just a quick update as the event approaches. I talked to Don last night and the pond is in place and filling. Should have 3.5' of water in the deep end with visibility all the way to the bottom.

We'll have the run of Batfish Friday night and should be able to see all sorts of "off tour" stuff. It is advised to bring your own sleeping bag or bedroll. We will get food as a group offsite.

As Captain Tom indicated, we should have a great evening on Friday with lots of fun and educational games.

Remember, if you haven't made plans to attend it's not too late to come out!
Warm regards,

Paul Crozier
<><
PaulC
SubCommittee Member

Postby dietzer » Tue Jul 08, 2008 2:51 am

How'd the event go at USS Batfish? Anyone have details, pics? Those of us that could not attend would like to know! :D

Carl
Carl Dietz
SC#2504
dietzer

Postby PaulC » Tue Jul 08, 2008 9:50 am

Carl,

It went fantastic. I've started a new thread with the coverage. We missed you, buddy!
Warm regards,

Paul Crozier
<><
PaulC
SubCommittee Member

Previous

Return to SubRon5