because I have motivation issues with
doing a lot of things a second time for the other mold half,
I decided to try to get a hull out of the ready mold half.
that was good exercise.
I was worried the glass would refuse to follow sharp nicks and bends,
but this turned out te be not a problem at all.
I used 2 layers of gelcoat, and 2 layers of 80-grams weave
I tried thick mat in the bow, but that stuff does not bend so much,
and therefore requires small pieces
the green/blue patches are cotton, saturated in resin.
Tip from a german friend to negotiatiate sharp corners.
I also put saturated cotton in the tail.
but the weave was so forgiving I will not use cotton again.
so after a few hours I gave in and under the excuse that this was
just an exercise, I pulled the hull.
The weldlines (thread with woodglue) come out very nicely
one other learning point : the deck will not come out right. I will
make a separate mold for it. The rubber is too flimsy and stands upright.
this causes it to sag and create hollows in the deck, as can be seen
well, back to the other half. now I know what I get in the end
the motivation is back.