Well, I had to work again to help a co-worker, so little time this weekend also,darn it!!
However, my plan are not thwarted too badly. My classified package is in transit for the Seawolf, so I am really just screwing around while I am waiting..
I continued,if only slightly,on fitting the hull halves. I would up removing the remaining tabs between the halves, and going with a full lenght lip on the lower,stopping just shy of the front and rear for the essential upper tabs, otherwise the hull would misalinged.
Here is the current mission:
I wanted to tighten up that gap. So I put blue tape on the upper hull half, keeping it tight and smooth on the edge. I then put the halves together and used Q-tips to press in some evercoat into the seam and against the index lips. If this goes as before, I will wet sand it (I love wet sanding stuff!!) until the blue tape gives way to the true edge of the upper half. Then, seperate the hull halves,remove the existing/remaining tape, and finish out sanding until it is completely smooth.
I had already done this on the back upper section of the stern with reasonable success earlier this week. The gap should be down to the thickness of the tape (better and enough), and "relaxed fit" (no pressure required to be tight).
I had to put on the evercoat in two moves. The first nearly filled the gaps,but had the slightest recess to it. Since wet sanding the whole affair only takes minutes, I went ahead, as Kevin pointed out before, and globbed on the next layer. I did not want to have to come back on low spots. It is excessive, but when done, should come out like the stern top side did.
So, back next weekend to finish up the other side, and do something about that overbite!!
Package X should be arriving about then...