Banner Ad 1

Welcome to the Nautilus Drydocks

Nautilus, Seaview, and more

Welcome to the Nautilus Drydocks

Postby Bob the Builder » Tue May 13, 2008 6:01 pm

Ladies and Gentlemen,

I've been biting my tongue for the last little bit while I finalized the details, however I think the time is nigh for an announcement.

We all know the exceptional workmanship and superb customer service that Custom Replicas has offered our community over the years. They have been and continue to be the suppliers of the Nautilus models by which all others are measured.

Unfortunately, with other commitments Jim Key of Custom Replicas has been forced to let our beloved Nautilus slip to the wayside as he concentrates in other arenas, suspending development of a host of outstanding upgrades to his already outstanding kit.

Now for the good news...

Effective immediately, I will be taking over the sales and development of this product line, and I will promise you that the next short while will be an exciting time for anyone interested in buying a new kit, or enhancing their existing one.

What kind of new developments, you may ask? How about the finalized and fully accurized salon interior? Separate, authentic deck grating (specially designed for the new hull)? Accurized raker arch? Super-detailed skiff? Functional breather flaps and ventral access hatch?

Not enough yet? Well, how about a drop in lighting kit? Sound module? Operational prop?

Still not there? For you more practical folks, I've also got a custom WTC drop-in module with gimbaled prop that will allow full R/C operation of this breathtaking submarine without the need for auxiliary dive planes!

In the next couple of weeks, I will have more details for you all. I am currently taking orders for the first of the "Next Generation" hulls, which will be ready for delivery in 6 to 8 weeks. I know that is a bit longer than the usual 4 week turnaround, however the master patterns are currently being reworked with the new additions and accurizing, ready for molding and casting within 30 days.

The additions will be rolled out in series, beginning with the new, movie-accurate propellers and culminating with the complete salon interior which I hope to have completed and ready for shipping within 90 days.

Most of you have already seen the craftsmanship and quality that these kits possess, and rest assured that that will not change. Custom Replicas will continue to produce these kits in-house, with help from a host of outside vendors that I have already contracted with to help make this the absolute definitive model in the world.

The new Nautilus Drydocks website is already in place and running! Feel free to check it out at www.nautilusdrydocks.com. Questions, comments and orders can be placed by emailing me directly at info@nautilusdrydocks.com.
Bob Martin,
RCSub homepage: http://www.rc-sub.com
Bob the Builder
SubCommittee Member

Postby JefftyToo » Wed May 14, 2008 2:38 am

Bob,

I am SO all over this! A thousand thanks for your efforts and coordination with Jim at CR. I'll be contacting you about an order(s) for my existing, in-progress hull -- I'm gonna be wanting most of your described upgrades/replacements. Bet Paul C. will too.

Congrats on this, your new post smack dab on the docks in Vulcania.

I salute you, sir, and will be in touch.

Jeff Porteous
Sure writing is easy: just sit staring at a blank page until the drops of blood start forming on your forehead.
JefftyToo
SubCommittee Member

Postby modelnut » Sat May 17, 2008 2:14 pm

Which NAUTILUS would all these goodies fit?

I have the 31incher still waiting for space and inspiration. All I have put together and painted was the stand.
Practicing my dry-brushing don't ya know . . .

-Leelan
modelnut
SubCommittee Member

Postby PaulC » Sat May 17, 2008 5:20 pm

Bob is talking about the 66" Nautilus from Custom Replicas.
Warm regards,

Paul Crozier
<><
PaulC
SubCommittee Member

Return to Television and Movie Submarines