Banner Ad 1

Time for another fun run

South Carolina, Alabama, Georgia, and Florida Local Chapter

Where do you want to fun sail on the 18th (poll closes this wed)

Poll ended at Wed May 14, 2008 10:07 am

Devils Den
60%
Giligans Island
20%
New Location on Flemming Island (Orange Park, Fl)
20%

Total votes : 5

Time for another fun run

Postby Rogue Sub » Sun May 04, 2008 8:55 am

Ok guys its getting closer and closer to the time I depart you southern fired boys and we need to get busy sailing!

I was talking to Warren yesterday and we both agreed that the weekend after mothers day is the day for us!

The only question is where. Giligans Island, Devils Den, or a new place that my father discovered. Im going to try to get ahold of dave and get a status report on the clarity of Devils Den.

I expect to see all of you at this one !!
Last edited by Rogue Sub on Sat May 10, 2008 9:21 am, edited 4 times in total.
Rogue Sub

Postby greenman407 » Tue May 06, 2008 10:16 pm

Kevin, That sounds good to me. Sunday would be the best for me. Devils Den would be a whole lot closer for me as well. This new place to run that you mentioned also has me interested. :!: :idea: :)
There are OLD pilots and there are BOLD pilots but there are very few OLD BOLD pilots. MAG
greenman407

Postby Rogue Sub » Tue May 06, 2008 10:32 pm

Ok I know I mispelled the subject matter. Now with that done.

Yes we are aiming for the 18th of this month. Scratch that it will be the 18th of this months. That is a Sunday. David is going to check the clarity at Devils Den for me.
As for the new site. It is in Orange Park on Flemming Island. I will check on its clarity this weekend. The only thing is that the new site does not have facilities. Not even bathrooms like GI. So, DD would be the preference

So who is coming?

Kevin
Kevin
A Global Force For Good

http://WWW.ROGUESUBWORKS.COM
Rogue Sub

Postby greenman407 » Wed May 07, 2008 4:26 pm

Me. :D Oh UH well I am going to email Al Nucci, navy 2000, and a new guy uhm Rick Nelson. When I hear back from them I will post it. seeya
There are OLD pilots and there are BOLD pilots but there are very few OLD BOLD pilots. MAG
greenman407

So it's on...

Postby g2tiger » Wed May 07, 2008 5:26 pm

Well,

I'll check out the boats and see what I can throw together. I have been busy tearing apart things and am just now putting it all back in order. I will mark the day and make every attempt to be there :)

Charlie
g2tiger
SubCommittee Member

Postby Rogue Sub » Thu May 08, 2008 10:26 am

roger roger
Kevin
A Global Force For Good

Rogue Sub

Postby greenman407 » Thu May 08, 2008 10:12 pm

I checked with Dave AKA Subcreator 1 and he says that the Den is still pretty clear! By the 18th however it will probably be more affected by the algae but still quite usable. I vote for Devils Den. Whadayathink?
greenman407

Postby Rogue Sub » Fri May 09, 2008 10:05 am

Well I am hearing voted for DD and GIRP so I am just going to make a vote so I can try to be fair to all of us. Someone is going to have to drive 4hrs. I still havent told my wife yet lol
Kevin
A Global Force For Good

Rogue Sub

Postby greenman407 » Fri May 09, 2008 7:19 pm

What happened to the new place that your dad found? I am intrigued!
greenman407

Postby Rogue Sub » Sat May 10, 2008 9:25 am

Ok here are some pics for you. You have to park around the pond and there are no ammenities. I.E. table, electricity, or bathrooms. It is a really good size lake though and me and my Dad enjoy it thouroughly.

Kevin
A Global Force For Good

Rogue Sub

Postby greenman407 » Sat May 10, 2008 7:43 pm

Looks like the lake that I use about three miles from my house. Spring fed so that it is resonably clear. How far is it from gilligans island?
greenman407

Postby Rogue Sub » Sun May 11, 2008 6:39 pm

Mark you did say that you talked to Dave about the clarity in devils den? I think it would be really neat to run my KILO down in the depths of the dens ultra clear water :) Give me an update on that clarity and we will just make the call since no one likes to vote.

Kevin
Kevin
A Global Force For Good

Rogue Sub

Postby greenman407 » Sun May 11, 2008 10:21 pm

Dave said that the clarity was still good. By the 18th hes thinking that it will start to cloud up a little but hes thinking that it will still be pretty good. We can always wait and see as we get closer to the weekend
greenman407

Postby Rogue Sub » Sun May 11, 2008 10:57 pm

Lets give it till WED and call him. That will be about as good as we can get and we can check the weather out. I dont know about you but im in tornado warnings right now.

Kevin
Kevin
A Global Force For Good

Rogue Sub

Postby Polaris » Mon May 12, 2008 6:46 pm

how far from GI is DD.

Hope you made it through those Tornados, I drove through Kingsland about 1pm, stopped for a pee break and the station we stopped at had no electricity. Lots of wind from Jacksonville all the way to Savanah.

Let me know where you guys decide on and I'll prime the wife for the trip, get her to take the kiddos for the day, hehe.

Stuart
Polaris

Next

Return to SubComDeepSouth