Banner Ad 1

Next Meeting

SubRon for the Southwestern United States

Next Meeting

Postby Mkeatingss » Fri Mar 28, 2008 2:27 pm

I know, I'm a week early. But this gives everybody more time, to plan to make it. Also, I have some stuff to show. I have three books and six DVDs, from PeriscopeFilm, plus IBS's new pre/early-war conning tower and a Balao conn.
If you're into W.W.II US boats, you gotta see this stuff.
It's April 12. Be there, or consider yourself "dink".

Mike K.
I don't suffer from ulcers, I'm a carrier.
Mkeatingss

Postby Mkeatingss » Tue Apr 08, 2008 12:00 pm

Ok, Guys, this is it. Next weekend! We still on for it? I've got books and parts all stacked up, to bring along. Who's gonna' be there?

Mike K.
I don't suffer from ulcers, I'm a carrier.
Mkeatingss

Postby aeroengineer1 » Tue Apr 08, 2008 2:49 pm

I am coming for sure!!! Ok I know, I have to be there, but I hope that the rest of you guys come. We have dealgied the pool, so it should be safe for any adventures.

Adam
aeroengineer1

Postby FX Models » Sun Apr 13, 2008 4:12 pm

aeroengineer1 wrote:I am coming for sure!!! Ok I know, I have to be there, but I hope that the rest of you guys come. We have dealgied the pool, so it should be safe for any adventures.

Adam

Hmmm I had no idea you guys were out in that area. I have been doing General Dynamics work in Gilbert off and on now for a year. I am building models of a new satellite and I go out ot shoot new imagery of the bird as its developed. Where the HECK do you run the boats out there? Must be a pool somewhere. I should have looked you up when I was out there two weeks ago!

Marc

PS: Guess where the picture was taken...
FX Models

Postby aeroengineer1 » Sun Apr 13, 2008 7:35 pm

Marc,

What a surprise! Yeah, we are a little nuts here. I do have a pool that is good for smaller models, and we have many other areas that we can access for larger models. You over there at the old Spectrum Astro? Feel free to give me a call some time. 480.201. 80 92 (cell) We can meet up for lunch or dinner and talk shop. As for the pic, it looks like a few places around here, but I would make a few guesses, wither in the South Mountain area, Las Sendas in north east Mesa, or there is a popular hiking area that is in phx, that I have only been to once, but I cannot remember what it was called, and it had a similar look to it. Those are my guesses. As for me, in the afternoons in Gilbert, about 5 miles from your location to the south east.

Adam
aeroengineer1

Postby FX Models » Tue Apr 15, 2008 2:15 am

aeroengineer1 wrote:Marc,

What a surprise! Yeah, we are a little nuts here. I do have a pool that is good for smaller models, and we have many other areas that we can access for larger models. You over there at the old Spectrum Astro? Feel free to give me a call some time. 480.201. 80 92 (cell) We can meet up for lunch or dinner and talk shop. As for the pic, it looks like a few places around here, but I would make a few guesses, wither in the South Mountain area, Las Sendas in north east Mesa, or there is a popular hiking area that is in phx, that I have only been to once, but I cannot remember what it was called, and it had a similar look to it. Those are my guesses. As for me, in the afternoons in Gilbert, about 5 miles from your location to the south east.

Adam

Hi Adam,
Yes the old Spectrum Astro is now part of GD AIS headquartered in Pittsfield MA. I have been getting in my bunny suit and getting shots of the bird. Last trip it was in a thermal quarantine so no touchy feely but did go through data slides I needed for more details. The large model we did is pretty and the small ones here are too.
As far as the pic... Well, I was thinking that the rock outcrop is pretty unique actually to that part of Phoenix.. It is near the Botanical Garden and the prickly pear is wtihin the Desert Botanical Garden. I spend so much time out there now that I dont think I can get lost although I am SURE I would regardless.
I will look you up Adam the next time I am out. I managed Sedona and Carefree on the last two visits respectively but nothing compares to seeing that bird in the clean room! heh heh. It launches later this year at Vandenburg and we will be there too for that.
Talk to you soon!
Marc
FX Models

Postby aeroengineer1 » Tue Apr 15, 2008 3:43 am

Ah surprisingly that is one place that I have not gone to. There are so many places that I have not been to in my state, though I have been to many other places outside of my state. Funny how things like that work. Please do look us up next time you are out, by the way where are you out of?

Adam
aeroengineer1

Return to SubRonSW - The Cactus Navy