Banner Ad 1

March action report

Eastern US Coast Local Chapter - Lower New York, New Jersey, Pennsylvania, Delaware, Maryland, D.C., Virginia.

March action report

Postby subdude » Thu Mar 13, 2008 9:17 pm

Well guys, I have to apologize here. We had a great time last Sunday, but I failed to take very many pictures. I guess I was just having too much fun! Maybe someone else who had a camera along can chime in here and add to the report.

First and formost, Garry got his boat wet for the very first time! Here's the proud papa performing the initial launch

All in all, things went pretty well! He found a couple small leaks when the piston tanks were actuated to submerge, so that kept things on the surface. It was a MUCH better sea trial than I had all those years ago with my Batfish ( I still remember considering chucking it out of the car window on the Jersey Turnpike on the way home )

Here's another shot of Garry getting the feel of the helm.

Curtis was there with his small boats, and found that he needed a prop shaft coupling. No problem, Jim W got in the car, went home, fired up his mill and lathe, and MADE one for Curtis. Now THAT'S what I call a helping hand!

I was there (duh) with the "regulars", Holland and Batfish.

John arrived with a tiny pushboat, and Dave (kielbasa) B finally joined us for the festivities, bringing a couple friends along. Dave had a Sturgeon along (I think)

Another addition was Karl arriving with a couple of 1/8 (I think) scale tanks! Not sure how they would run submerged, but they sure looked cool clanking their way around the pool deck!

Again, sorry for the lack of pics. Hope to see you next time!

Jim
Underwater, the ONLY way to fly!

SubCommittee member #0069 (since the dawn of time)
subdude
SubCommittee Member

Postby Bigdave » Fri Mar 14, 2008 12:23 pm

Thanks Jim! :D
Looks like we are back starting at the end of this month. 8) 8)
Now I have to get a darn sub ready!! Ha!! :lol: BD.
David Welch
Commodore SR-8

"Eat your pudding Mr Land". "I ain't sure it's puddin" James Mason-Kirk
Douglas, 20K
Bigdave
SubCommittee Member

March Action Report

Postby sailman58 » Mon Mar 24, 2008 7:16 am

Here are a couple of tank pictures

Ron
sailman58

Return to SubComEast