Banner Ad 1

Angle Driver with integrated Failsafe

Heard about a new product? Announce it here!

Angle Driver with integrated Failsafe

Postby KevinMc » Thu Feb 28, 2008 8:55 am

Greetings all! I'd like to take a minute to introduce everyone to my winter project- the Angle Driver with integrated Failsafe. It's something I've cooked up to answer the problem of not having enough space for all the necessary electronic hardware in today's smaller WTCs. (Measurments are a scant 1¼” x 7/8” x 3/16”)

The pitch stabilizer uses a solid state sensor, 10-bit precision and DSP technology to make it the smoothest ride around. I've tossed in a bunch of useful setup features as well: two sensitivity settings, trim-pot neutral adjustment and a built-in zero-bubble indicator. Capable of drawing power through the ballast channel connector the ADF’s also supports stand-alone operation, freeing up the pitch channel on channel-limited radios.

The integrated failsafe is a two-stage device: Upon signal loss the ADF immediately issues a “neutral” command to the ballast servo to prevent taking on any more ballast. If the receiver signal is not recovered after three seconds the ballast channel is then driven to the user-set fail-safe position, blowing your ballast tank dry. The ADF also features an indicator LED to show when stage one and stage two failsafe have been activated.

Coming soon through Caswell Inc!
Kevin McLeod - Oscar II driver
KMc Designs
SC #2870
SubComOn
KevinMc
SubCommittee Member

Postby Sub culture » Thu Feb 28, 2008 10:00 am

Kevin,

Are you using one of the little MEMSIC sensors?

Andy
'Why are you staring at an empty pond?'

Want to dive your boat in crystal clear water? Then you had better Dive-in- http://www.diveintomodelsubmarines.co.uk
Sub culture
SubCommittee Member

Postby KevinMc » Thu Feb 28, 2008 10:16 am

Hi Andy,

Back when I was doing my design I thought about it, but decided to stick with a more readily procurable sensor. (As I recall the MEMSIC one had to be ordered direct from China and carried a stiff shipping charge to get hold of it.)
Kevin McLeod - Oscar II driver
KMc Designs
SC #2870
SubComOn
KevinMc
SubCommittee Member

Postby Pirate » Thu Feb 28, 2008 6:12 pm

That's cool stuff Kevin.

I would have done that, but first I'd have to go back to school for multiple engineering degrees, so I blew it off.

Hey, I'm starting to get in deep to the detailing on my Ohio hull using your chart tape process. Man, is that ever tedious! I can go for about an hour straight, then I have to rest for a while until the massive knot in the middle of my shoulder blades goes away. Then I can only stand that about three more times, each time getting progressively shorter to get the paralyzing knot, before I have to quit, rolling in agony on the floor.

But boy, what a super detail job it will be!

Pete
HOLD FAST
Pirate
SubCommittee Member

Postby kazzer » Thu Feb 28, 2008 10:30 pm

It's arrived!

http://www.caswellplating.com/models/pitch.html

Shipping out in about two to three weeks!

This is a GREAT product! Thanks Kevin for letting us handle it for you.
kazzer

ADF Angle Driver and Integrated Failsafe

Postby diverdown » Fri Aug 08, 2008 11:51 am

FYI: Just tried to purchase one of these units from Caswell, and got a message back saying that they no longer carry them. They did not advise where I could find one.
diverdown

Postby kazzer » Fri Aug 08, 2008 12:14 pm

Yes we do carry them!

We even have them in stock!
kazzer

Postby kazzer » Fri Oct 10, 2008 10:15 pm

The ADF price has been SLASHED!! This is a great price for a pitch controller AND combined fail-safe.

AK1 Angle Driver With Failsafe $79.00

Thanks Kevin for improving your design and price to us.
kazzer

Return to New Product Announcements