Banner Ad 1

Action Report - Feb 08

Eastern US Coast Local Chapter - Lower New York, New Jersey, Pennsylvania, Delaware, Maryland, D.C., Virginia.

Action Report - Feb 08

Postby subdude » Tue Feb 19, 2008 8:05 pm

Sorry for the delay in the report guys, been hectic around here. Anyway, the Feb SubComEast outing had a decent turnout. A couple of folks missing, a couple new people attending, and the usual good time was had by all.

Jeff had his beautiful Seehund along, which ran to perfection. I'm jealous!

Curtis had a small issue with his small Alfa, hopefully he'll get it resolved soon. Here he and Jeff are examining the inner details....

Don once again had his small, speedy skimmer craft along. He steadfastly refused to "pull the plug" and take it deep :cry:

Garry had his Engle fleetboat along, with the mechanicals recently arriving back from Germany. Hopefully soon we'll be treated to the sight of it's maiden voyage. Garry's working intently on it, and it should be stunning when done!

A few of the Task Force 50 guys dropped in, but no one with operable boats this time.

I had my Holland and Batfish along, they're both such nice travelling companions. Here's a decent shot of Batfish.

And of course, the group shot. New Guy Ron to the left, talking to Don. Curtis, Jeff, and Garry seated, doing the group driving thing with Jeff's Seehund. Off to the right, Jim is giving sub driving lessons to the son of his co=worker who stopped by.

And so goes another chapter in the life of SubComEast. If you missed it, you missed a good time!

See you next month!

Jim
Underwater, the ONLY way to fly!

SubCommittee member #0069 (since the dawn of time)
subdude
SubCommittee Member

Postby petn7 » Tue Feb 19, 2008 8:21 pm

My Alfa had more than a little problem...she sunk when the WTC filled with water!

Good news - all the electronics are just fine, which is great since the servos are not replaceable and if they fail to work, the WTC is worthless. I still need to find out what caused the WTC to leak, though. The only thing I can think of is that a loose wire got caught in the end cap threads while I screwed it closed.

Maybe I'll do some tests when I have more time.
petn7
SubCommittee Member

CN Models

Postby redboat219 » Thu Feb 21, 2008 11:38 am

Petn7
Nice Alfa you got there. I want one too. I've been trying look up infos about CN Models on the web. So far, all my searches came back empty. Are they still around?
"Make it simple, make it strong-and make it work!" - Mikhail Mil
redboat219

Re: CN Models

Postby petn7 » Thu Feb 21, 2008 6:31 pm

redboat219 wrote:Petn7
Nice Alfa you got there. I want one too. I've been trying look up infos about CN Models on the web. So far, all my searches came back empty. Are they still around?

Thanks.

I bought the 1/200 CN Models Alfa a few years ago from eBay. At that time there was always half a dozen or so CN Model subs (some Seawolfs and 688s were also available) up for bidding. However now, I don't see any. Other than eBay, I can't think of a place where they can be purchased online.
petn7
SubCommittee Member

Return to SubComEast