Well I have been asked to add some more photos of my linkages so here they are.
I also finally took the time to finish the masts, water markings, safety rails, and start the low pressure blower (LPB) for the boat.
The only component of this kit I have left to install is the bow planes and that is way at the bottom of the list. Honestly after the rudder modification the boat drives like a champ. I don't even use a pitch controller with this model and I can sit at PD with good control. Of course bow planes would improve that as well but, I am very satisfied with how the model runs. I can cut the throttle to where she barely moves and hunt underwater till the transmitter battery dies. Only other thing is I want to add a little buoyancy to the model. As is I am slightly negative buoyant and I want to know that if all else fails it will drift back up eventually.
Also of notable mention is that I have installed a LPB into the model. It is one of the air pumps offered at www.caswellplating.com
I purchased the large and small one to try them both out. So far I have only played with the smaller one. It is about the size of a quarter and has a nice humm o it while running. It really does remind me of the real thing on the big boys. Any way, I did some bath tub testing with a hose routed into the bottom of my ballast tank and the vent out of the water. I applied a six volt battery to the leads I made and timed how long it took to get the boat to the surface. After six trials the time averaged out to 1min 10sec. It also had a real nice creep up (just like the real ones). I see no need to go to the larger pump for my tank size (57.6 cubic in). Perhaps I will use it when I get a larger model like the OHIO.
Tomorrow I will go to Radio Shack and pick up a micro switch to control the pump and finish the assembly. More to come.
A shot of the stern with the top on.
Here is a shot with the top removed. You can see the two guide bushings to give the rods strength on the black abs plastic. Also for the stern planes you can see I soldered to collets together to join them. This allows me to adjust each one independently if necessary.
Another angle of the same stuff
Finally adding all those decals!! What a difference. I decided to not add the "parade dress" stickers and only used the ones you would see on the boat when it was normally at sea.
A shot of all the masts finally installed. I think I may have messed one of the colors up but no big deal I can change it easily enough when I am for sure. They should certainly make PD a lot easier and they look great. Why the heck do Russians need so many masts. Also you can see in the bottom right my LPB test setup.
Here is a close up of the pump with a sub micro e-flite servo I Ca'd to the side. I will glue the micro switch to the side as well so that it is all one neat little package. In my big 3.5 WTC this little baby take up no room at all.
Routing the plumbing for the LPB. Should have it all ready to go tomorrow.