Banner Ad 1

New Vendor

Heard about a new product? Announce it here!

New Vendor

Postby TMSmalley » Sat Jan 26, 2008 8:53 am

We just received a note from a new vendor, who sells cardstock models. He has a really nifty looking one of Bushnell's Turtle - Here is his information...

Matt's Card Models

Matthew Sparks

(p) (916) 825-3880
Email: msparks1101@mac.com

I design and sell paper models. I have just released (Jan 2008) a model of Bushnell's Submarine, The American Turtle.

In the near future I will be selling some scale drawings of some subs, i.e, SP-350 Cousteau's Diving Saucer, 'Denise' or the Japanese Midget sub HA-15.

http://web.mac.com/msparks1101/Site/Home.html

Tim Smalley
TMSmalley
SubCommittee Member

Postby Mylo » Sat Jan 26, 2008 11:40 am

That's really cool ....but I'm having my doubts as to whether it's capable of r/c conversion.

Mylo
"I don't have anything else planned for this afternoon." - Lt. Col J.O.E. Vandeleur

A Bridge Too Far (1977)
Mylo

Postby TMSmalley » Sat Jan 26, 2008 11:45 am

HAHAHA - but wait...maybe with enough silicone Goop....

Seriously - Cardstock modelers were a big part of the SubCommittee "back in the day". Maybe this will help revitalize that part of the club.

It's interesting that these kits are pre-painted so once you put it together, you have a full cardstock model. Great for a newbie project too! For $17 including the instruction manual and shipping it sounds like a bargain...

I hope we get some of these entered in the SubRegatta static competition. Build a diorama around it attacking the HMS Eagle - WOW, could be VERY cool. No one has EVER done one of those...even the king of SubStatic, and first president of the SubCommittee, Ken Hart.

Yes- that's a challenge you guys :wink:
Tim Smalley
TMSmalley
SubCommittee Member

Return to New Product Announcements