Banner Ad 1

Regatta

Know of an upcoming modeling event?

Regatta

Postby spongjim » Thu Jan 10, 2008 10:58 pm

I know its only January but I got to ask. How about Regatta 08? I have been without a job since sept. and just took a job but only if I could take my long weekend during the regatta. Man has to have his priorities.

Jim
spongjim
SubCommittee Member

Postby cougar » Wed Jan 23, 2008 2:46 am

does anybody know where the next one is? i need to start planning. does anybody know why carmel has cancelled it run? is there not enough volenteers? does it not bring in enough money? i am sure we could all come up with some way to help solve a problem.
has anybody heard that it might go back to rhode island? or groton?
i know there is a spot in canada that could have it. but there are too few members 7 in total that could put it on. but not enough people to run it

any bit or rumour would be helpfull. or are we going to cancel it this year?
hope not. i had fun. even though my sub could not run on the sunday. it was in the water for almost 2 hours saturday ( thanks bob eisller) we both share the same frequecny. when he wanted in. i took my boat out. no problems
i want to thank goerge prot. ( sorry i always have a tough time with your last name)for taking the picture of my boat there. atleast i got proof.

go deep or go home
cougar

Postby TMSmalley » Wed Jan 23, 2008 7:57 am

We haven't received any proposals from other SubRons so it looks like SubRegatta 08 will be in Carmel again this summer. We have to work around racing events at the Indy Speedway so it will most likely be in August again.

Chris Campbell is checking on hotel availabilities and the city's repair schedule for the pond. Those who were there last year remember the roped off portion near the fountain. There was a small leak there that needs to be fixed. We want to be sure there is water in the pond when we get there!
Tim Smalley
TMSmalley
SubCommittee Member

Postby JefftyToo » Thu Jan 24, 2008 2:11 am

Thanks for the update, Tim. Will see you there this year and am much looking forward to it.

Best,
JeffP
Sure writing is easy: just sit staring at a blank page until the drops of blood start forming on your forehead.
JefftyToo
SubCommittee Member

Return to Upcoming Events and SubRegattas