I've completed my r/c prototype model, serial # 002. The boat in this pic is a totally different sub that I have completed all the r/c internals on. There are a few "new and improved" parts on it but basically, it was made from the same molds as my static display prototype. All this boat needs is a WTC and she's good to go. This boat also sports a lightly weathered paint scheme that is difficult to see in the photos.
I'm happy with all the r/c engineering into this thing. It includes such features as:
- 7 bulk heads.
- WTC saddles.
- Trim weights.
- Buoyancy foam
- Fore / Aft trim tanks with trim tank plumbing.
- Torpedo tube ready.
- Prop shaft steady / thrust bearings.
- Bow / Stern dive plane functional.
- Twin Rudder functional.
- Steel skid / mounting plates which double as keel weights.
- Compressed air bottles (2x750ml) with air lines.
- "SNORT" air system ready via observation scope air inlet.
- Retractable attack scope ready.
I look forward to the day I can play with this toy in the water.
"I don't have anything else planned for this afternoon." - Lt. Col J.O.E. Vandeleur
A Bridge Too Far (1977)