Banner Ad 1

Can't see full text and photos....

Have an idea for the web site?

Can't see full text and photos....

Postby Don Prince » Fri Oct 19, 2007 1:59 pm

Hi,

I don't know if anyone has posted this before... When somebody post large photos in one of the topic threads the Subcommittee banner is displayed and you must go to the bottom of the screen list in order to have the scroll bar to see all the text and photos (slide left to right).

When that happens, I go back to the topic entry again and right click and select open in new window. That eliminates the Subcommittee banner and the full text and photos are displayed with nothing cut off.

Could you either put up a notice to do the right click and select open in new window, or modify your web program to open a new window automatically when someone exceeds the normal screen width in the topic thread?

I've seen this problem in Jeff's U-Boat Pen in the Type VIIC section.... I am running Windows XP SP2 IE7 and have a 20 inch flat screen display.

Regards,
Don_
Don Prince
SubCommittee Member

Location: 5335 Brierstone Drive, Alpharetta, Ga, phone 678-577-0476

Postby TMSmalley » Sat Oct 20, 2007 8:41 am

Not sure Don. Jeff is a coding guru, maybe he has some ideas?
Tim Smalley
TMSmalley
SubCommittee Member

Postby JWLaRue » Sat Oct 20, 2007 11:55 am

It's an artifact of the 'frame' that is being wrapped around the forum...the frame being used to make the look and feel similar to the new web site design...

If you use the alternative url for the forum (http://s181686668.onlinehome.us/phpBB2/index.php5) you can get it without the frame....and things will work better. :)

-Jeff
Rohr 1.....Los!
JWLaRue
SubCommittee Member

Postby aeroengineer1 » Sat Oct 20, 2007 12:25 pm

Great fix, the site loads so much faster now, and soes not do the strange things that it did before.

Adam
aeroengineer1

Return to Request a Feature