Banner Ad 1

Steve Neill's RC Sub Building for Dummies

Heard about a new product? Announce it here!

Postby U812 » Fri Oct 19, 2007 3:25 am

A few more pictures from the CGI images that will appear in the book. I'm finally finished with all the CGI set ups, models and pictures from them so I'm back at the book filling in the holes. As they say one picture is worth a thousand words and that's a fact. It was worth it to take a week and do this.

I should now finish the book this weekend and then it goes to editing. David Merriman gave me a great forward so I have that as well. I will also do one of my fancy book covers. This will be a nice addition to anyone's library of submarine books. I know you all have them. So do I.

Steve

U812

Postby TMSmalley » Fri Oct 19, 2007 6:55 am

Yes - I have a lot of stuff printed through commercial printers at work - over $150,000 worth this year alone. Printers hate stuff with lots of black and the image quality can suffer.

Look at a high quality catalog or magazine with lots of color images on each page. Very seldom will you see photos with black backgrounds (that look any good.) If the printer adjusts the printer so the subject matter looks the best, the background gets funky. If he adusts the press so the background looks good, the subject can look bad.

SCR editor Pete Piekarski is a professional graphic artist who works with commercial printers even more than I do. He'd be able to give you the real scoop. He is in the middle of the SCR production cycle right now so it might take him a little bit to get back to you. Email him a few sample images at editor@subcommittee.com

Tim
Tim Smalley
TMSmalley
SubCommittee Member

Postby murraymcdonald » Wed Jan 02, 2008 6:29 pm

Hi Boyz!

Steve is fighting the worse flu he has ever had. :( It is holding up activating accounts for paid members. He had one buyer already flame out on him and demanded his money back. Please be patient, your orders will be filled as soon Steve is back on his two feet. Let us wish him a speedy recovery.

Happy Hunting!
Murray McDonald :)
murraymcdonald
SubCommittee Member

Previous

Return to New Product Announcements