Banner Ad 1

Radio Laws in Canada - I may have a decent radio

Canada, Province of Ontario Local Chapter

Postby Ahab » Wed Sep 24, 2003 11:13 pm

My local Hobby store guy tells me that laws in canada governing radio's differ from most other countries. And before purchasing a radio to make sure it is o.k. for use in Canada for "ground" use. Is this true? And is this radio fit that law?
It's on e-bay.

This is a Remote made by Futaba, this can be used for airplanes. Model FP-T4NBF, ConQuest FM, 72,570MHZ. 4 channel, needs battery charger, servos, and receiver. Used but in good shape
Ahab

Postby Desert Boat » Thu Sep 25, 2003 1:45 am

Do yourself a favor and buy from a local dealer or modeler there in your area. A used radio that needs a charger and servos on an internet auction probably won't be worth the money they want. When you buy locally, you have a chance to try it out and see what you're getting. That radio with a complete package shouldn't cost that much from your local hobby shop. How about one of you Canadian guys getting with this person ...heh? :)
Ray Agee
SCM #2551
Cactus Navy
Tempe, Arizona
Lord ... Shield us from the UltraSensitive!
Desert Boat

Postby bcliffe » Thu Sep 25, 2003 8:56 am

Canada's frequencies I believe are the same as the US. Stated below are the accepted Canadian Feq.

27 Land
72 Aircraft
75 Marine and Land

Cheers
BC
What goes down, must come up .... eventually !
bcliffe

Postby Bob the Builder » Thu Sep 25, 2003 10:54 am

Not sure how much this ebay package will go for, but I got my Airtronics VG600 surface frequency for $280CAD from the local hobby shop. It's not a top-of-the-line radio by any stretch, but with 6 channels, it's more than I need right now.

The price was certainly right, and being brand new I can count on customer support from the manufacturer and from the hobby store...
Bob Martin,
RCSub homepage: http://www.rc-sub.com
Bob the Builder
SubCommittee Member

Postby Ahab » Thu Sep 25, 2003 11:54 am

I think my hobby guy is a theif. He tells me the packages are much more expensive than that. He's extreamly knowledgable. But being the only game in town I think he knows he can price gouge.
I may have to see if I can purchase it online. Or go to down south to Toronto and try to find one.
Ahab

Postby bcliffe » Fri Sep 26, 2003 9:13 am

Ahab,

Were do you live?

You should be able to get a feel for prices by looking at:
http://www.greathobbies.com/

These folks quote stuff in Canadian dollars.

Cheers
BC
What goes down, must come up .... eventually !
bcliffe

Return to SubComON