Banner Ad 1

Seaview

This is the place to post your submarine build- ups.

Postby clive » Mon Sep 17, 2007 10:36 am

Hi Jim

I have been following your Seaview articles with great interest. I am waiting for some plans to arrive from the USA which will hopefully allow me to get started.

I was wondering what size are the two that you are working on?
:?
Clive
Clive An active pensioner living in Wiltshire, England
clive

Postby spongjim » Mon Sep 17, 2007 9:12 pm

Ok you got me on that one Steve ,but with the observation deck ,lights and stuff going in #2 ,I had to have a access hole in the nose . :wink:

Clive , these are 53 inch hulls . Rick Teskey made the hulls and done a wonderful job on them. I dropped #2 off the work bench last night nose first on the concrete and only scratched the primer. These are strong hulls for sure.
I got the rear fins on #2 tonight , Wasnt as hard to line up as I thought, I will post pictures tomorrow night after I get some filler on them and trim them out some.
spongjim
SubCommittee Member

Postby SteveUK » Tue Sep 18, 2007 6:40 pm

spongjim wrote:Ok you got me on that one Steve ,but with the observation deck ,lights and stuff going in #2 ,I had to have a access hole in the nose . :wink:

Oh I follow you now :) . So only #2 gets all the internal observation deck fitted out etc.

Do you have a plan for something else behind the windows of #1 :?:

It's quite fascinating seeing these two sister ships being built together like this.
"...Eeeexcellent..."
SteveUK

Postby spongjim » Tue Sep 18, 2007 9:55 pm

Steve , Have you ever done something and when done wished you had done it another way? That is the idea behind #1and#2 . The #1 seaview was Ricks I bought it from him to finish and paint.
.Image
This was #1 at the regatta. I am using it to test ideas for #2 .I am building them togehter and painting them together but #2 will not get anything inside until it is tested on #1 first and works perfect.When # 2 is done # 1 will get a video system to look out the nose through a smaller observation deck.

Jim
spongjim
SubCommittee Member

Postby SteveUK » Wed Sep 19, 2007 7:17 pm

Ahh, I see. :)

Yes I have had those experiences. So #1 is the working testbed.

Cool idea on the nose video camera too. :wink:
"...Eeeexcellent..."
SteveUK

Postby spongjim » Wed Nov 28, 2007 7:00 pm

I have gotten several emails and calls about this build and why I havent posted in it anymore. I will be back to it soon I have been looking for a new job and have been bouncing around from job to job since sept 20 so things are a little tight here. I havent given up and still have my health so I LL BE BACK :lol:

Jim H.

Anyone in Carmel looking for a Chevy Tech. :D I would move there in a minute . Wonderful city.
spongjim
SubCommittee Member

Postby SteveUK » Wed Nov 28, 2007 8:20 pm

Take it easy Jim, getting your job sorted is a higher priority..

best wishes on that, hope you get settled in a new one soon.

Good thing about these topics - they will sit there quietly and then spring back into life with a reminder, in due course.
"...Eeeexcellent..."
SteveUK

Postby junglelord » Thu Apr 23, 2009 10:18 am

I just went to Ottawa for one of my health checks.
I hope your doing well job wise now....which is as tough as bad health.
:?

Anyway, I love seaviews and was hoping to see this thread completed when your back on track.
Cheers
Dean
junglelord

Previous

Return to Builder Threads