Thank you for your reply. I think I have a solution - follow Engels' instructons! They suggest a two part filler on the outside and the inside. The outside seam is too tight for anything in my estimation other than a very fine filler. When I wrote the initial post I could not visualize a method to get anything all the way through the interior of the hull to the bow where the leak is.
This morning I found a long tube that is about 1 1/2" in diameter and long enough to reach the bow. Today I chemically cleaned the inteior of the hull and dried it in the sun all day. It has been said on other areas of this forum that the Engel hulls are made of polyester resin. Tomorrow I plan to mix some polyester resin and pour it through the tube so that it reaches the bow area. I believe that will solve my problem. I can see that several have read my initial question. If what I am proposing raises any red flags in anyones mind, please advise.