I have had the opportunity to work on a new fourfoot Jet Nautilus. The reason for the new sub is that I want to conduct some new tests. I have cut up the old fourfoot sub so many times it's just not deserving of any more traumatic operations.
So I'm building a new sub and will make a new mold so that I can make additional hulls.
The following link provides details of what I hope to achieve with the new sub and tests.
Progress to date on my little experiment. The new shell is almost complete as I continue to work on detail (the tail). Had some problems with the alligator eyes so I decided to determine the best mold/technique. It's not enough to have a mold, the technique is just as important. The picture showing the molds shows the progression and development of the best technique mold combination which is shown to the far right consisting of implanted screws to remove the piece from the mold and then the screws themselves are removed leaving only a surface hole which can be easily filled with epoxy. Mold release (wax) is placed on both the mold and screws. The threads of the screw hold sufficiently to pull the piece out but with wax can be turned out and removed. Without wax on the screw the piece will crack in trying to remove the screw.
Shell is done