Banner Ad 1

Cultus Lake Meet - Fall 2003?

Local Chapter covering the geography of British Columbia and the state of Washington. The "IP" refers to the "Inside Passage"...the large body of inland water that runs up the coast.

Postby mprenter » Sat Sep 13, 2003 2:59 pm

Hi, I was at a Cultus Lake Sub meet back in September of 2002. I thought it was great.

Is there going to be one this fall? I recall seeing the dates of September 27 & 28 mentioned in the beginning of the year. But I can't find any information if these are still valid.

Does anyone know?

Thanks,
Mark
mprenter

Postby Lyle Jansma » Sun Sep 14, 2003 12:44 am

Hi Mark,

There has been some talk of holding it on the 25 & 26 of October. This is due to the fact that a few of us will be going
to the West Coast Regatta in San Francisco. When we have a firm date, I'll get it posted here.

Thanks, Lyle Jansma
"Underway On Nuclear Power."
Lyle Jansma SCM#2214 Atomic Subs SubCom-IP
Lyle Jansma

Postby Bob the Builder » Sun Sep 14, 2003 10:02 am

I, for one, and definitely interested in attending, and the date of Oct22'ish is perfect.

I'm hoping to have my 1:32 Nautilus up and running by then to bring along.
Bob Martin,
RCSub homepage: http://www.rc-sub.com
Bob the Builder
SubCommittee Member

Postby mprenter » Sun Sep 14, 2003 1:48 pm

Hi, thanks for the reply. October would be great. Hopefully the weather holds out.

The reason I'm excited about the meet at Cultus Lake isn't because I have a R/C Submarine.....well, not exactly....what I do have is a little homemade ROV. It's basically a piece of PVC sewer pipe that uses two bilge pumps to control rotation via a cabled joystick. But the cool thing is that it has a color video camera onboard that sends video and audio to a digital camcorder topside. The picture quality is awesome!

I think it would be really cool to video tape these submarines from underwater as they slip past the camera. It should make for some really good footage. And I'm certainly willing to make copies for anyone who's interested in seeing their sub from a unique point-of-view. It should be really fun.

Mark
mprenter

Return to SubComIP