Banner Ad 1

Nautilus Nazi: Friend of Foe? - Thought on a community menace

Nautilus, Seaview, and more

Postby tliebeler » Sat Mar 01, 2003 9:21 pm

Fellow Nautilus aficionados: I want to get a topic out in the open to clear up some frustration. It's about a member of our own small special interest community. Today I want to discuss the Nautilus Nazi. Their name will not be openly cited in this post in order to eliminate any possible defamation of charter law suits. I ask you then to draw your own concussion of whom I may be speaking. I have been a collector of the Nautilus for over twenty years and know many of you, if not directly then by your posts and interest in the Nautilus. At first a thought it was my own opinion of this individual that made me think of the name Nautilus Nazi. But over the years, this individual kept creeping into conversations and people kept stating that this particular person was a "real Nazi".

Here is the Nautilus Nazi's demeanor and trademark:

1. They are a member of every single we bulletin board in the world concerning the Nautilus.
2. They spent huge amounts of time policing the entire web for what they feel are inaccuracies regarding the Nautilus.
3. They are so self righteous that they will not listen to another persons view about the Nautilus.

I'm sick and tired of sharing such a wonderful, close family such as our with this negative person. If you are as tired of the Nautilus Nazi as I am, lets unite and they them that we are mad as #### and not going to take it anymore. Down with the Nautilus Nazi! Is anybody with me?
tliebeler

Postby Sub culture » Sun Mar 02, 2003 6:15 am

Nope!
'Why are you staring at an empty pond?'

Want to dive your boat in crystal clear water? Then you had better Dive-in- http://www.diveintomodelsubmarines.co.uk
Sub culture
SubCommittee Member

Postby Bob the Builder » Mon Mar 03, 2003 1:18 pm

I can't get too upset with the "Nautilus Nazi". I believe I know of whom you speak.

His love for the Nautilus is what keeps this particular person going, and I've found that his responses concerning the Nautilus are hopeful suggestions for scale accuracy, and not uncompromising demands. I've received a lot of help from him over the last year and a half, and for a Nazi, he's sure forthcoming with helpful suggestions and reference material for anyone interested in this great submarine.

Maybe stand back, take a breath, and let the guy keep dispensing his info for the rest of us fans...
Bob Martin,
RCSub homepage: http://www.rc-sub.com
Bob the Builder
SubCommittee Member

Postby Wbnemo1 » Sat Mar 08, 2003 1:49 am

Hi there,
Wow! I guess it's official...apparenly this "tliebeler" fan???posted a photo to my private yahoo group page saying "home of the Nautilus nazi"..don't know(tliebeler) if this is your doing for sure,but appears the case.The pic is one of mine and this person(perhaps you) made the text caption modification an reposted the pic...cute,but kind of sneaky and imature,don't ya think. I have been studying and researching out this particular sub for many years and if me being very passionate about the Nautilus is,in your opinion,nazi,then i'm sorry you feel that way. I share most of my knowledge that i've obtained through the years with almost anyone that asks.Do I even know you,I sent you an email the same day you posted this thread originally,and you've yet to respond.Have you ever even tried to corespond with me,i am very knowledgeable and open,talkative wise, about this sub,because my passion for it drove me to do the "above and beyond" research work i've done.It's too bad you can't see a passion for a certain subject and assume it is your responsiblity to lable me.But this is your right as a person to do so i supose,There are many members that frequent this board that would strongly dissagree with you.How about sending me an email and perhaps I can change your opinion about me.Just a fleeting thought anyway.
Sincerely,
Willam .......aka Nemo :D

Edited By Wbnemo1 on 1047102592
Wbnemo1

Return to Television and Movie Submarines