Banner Ad 1

The Skale Ships OskarII KURSK !

Heard about a new product? Announce it here!

The Skale Ships OskarII KURSK !

Postby DEEPDIVER » Mon May 21, 2007 5:08 pm

Hellow fellow Captains,2 weeks ago a long slender package arrived for me at the local post office and I knew right away what it was .From Latvia a Oscar II that I have waited for almost 2 years and my antisapation to open that box was huge!

Well after checking to see if any external damage had occured of which there was none I carefully opened the thick cardboard box and pulled out the hull.
To my surprise it was already black mat and all the ather parts except the masts where in ressin.

The decal sheet a work of art was next and then those fine masts all bubble raped and 2 in partiqulare are very diferent than the Akulas.

Seen from above the antena is a 6 pointed star ,I will have to look that one up for its NATO designation,and the other is a strange bulb like one.

The hull is very well detailed with little or no deffects such as dips ,bubbles or miis scribed areas.
It is however a bit thin and will have to be reinforced durring the build.

Also the hull is cut at the stern forward of the verticle stabalizer and a indexing lip is present to epoxy the stern in place.

I sugest that the control serface hardwaere be installed before the stern is set in place ,this sub has a complex set of serfaces and there control is going to be fun to get right.

All of the shafts for the above are preinstalled and are very nicely done,quality castings and wormanship abound on this kit some of the best I have ever seen.
Two stuffing boxes and stainless steel prescition ground shafts are also provided.
Now the props I have not seen yet as my kit is the first produced but Vladamir has assured me that they are coming and they must be a bitch to make becuase he has rejected many protypes since they are made to scale from a casting.
The prop has a multybladed atenuator that is I quess is unique and dificult to reproduce.
The sail is is also very well detailed but must be made to fit the "hump" at the stern.
The kit even provides brass doors of great detail to be installed for the masts and every other detail is represented in brass such as the limber hole grates and main hatch are just a few of the great details.

I feel that for 620.00$ this kit is the most detailed and acurate Oscar II out there ,profetionaly produced from a fine studio and craftsman.

From perchase to arrival was 5 days and cost 100.00$ to ship EMS great service! and cheaper than UPS or FEDEX or DHL.

I will be building this sub to fire live torpedoes that explode underwater and fire the serface to serface criuse missles from the side banks.
She will have a compressor bassed ballast system with a hybred pump that I will show later in the Typhoon.

Ya I want realism ! smoke and fire on the sea just as it should be.
When she is put to sea watch out for this Carrier killer, as long as she does not suffer the same fate!

Pic coming soon Thanks Dave

DEEPDIVER

Ya I know Oscar is spekt with a c but k looks more Russian

Postby DEEPDIVER » Mon May 21, 2007 5:19 pm

I wrote this little article in a hurry so please excuse my spelling.
Later I will write about the armaments and how they go boom,from under the waves.

And how Tecchniks is employed along with syringes to actuate doors ,planes and masts,similar to the system used in my Typhoon.

Dave
DEEPDIVER

Postby hakkikt » Mon May 21, 2007 5:32 pm

So, what scale is she?
- mobilis in mobili -
SC#1604
hakkikt

The scale is 1/96

Postby DEEPDIVER » Tue May 22, 2007 7:57 am

At 63.5 inches by 7.5 in she is a formidible sub and just the right size,cnt wait to see her on the water.

Just seen the scale props ! very nice

DEEPDIVER

Postby Novagator » Tue May 22, 2007 8:15 am

who makes this kit??
John Cottingham
Sub Committee Member #2721
Novagator
SubCommittee Member

Postby DEEPDIVER » Tue May 22, 2007 3:22 pm

This is the web site and Vladamir is the builder,a great guy!
And he also makes the beutyfull Akula II this one is mine.
http://www.scaleships.biz/eng/oscar.htm

DEEPDIVER

Postby Wayne Frey » Sun Jun 17, 2007 8:58 am

I also have a Vladimr Akula kit. The quality is top shelf stuff!!!
Somehow, I missed this posting until today, but I am very happy for you and your choice.
I recently aqquired one of Kevin's Oscar hulls, also an outstanding kit. But nothing against Vladimr's kits. Anyone wanting an accurate 1/96 Akula or Oscar would not be diappointed with these kits.
As far as accuracy goes, I find no flaws with these kits. A man cannot ask for more.
BTW, deep diver, please email me. Love to talk.
SCM #653
SubCommittee Vice President 2006-2008
Author-Russian Submarines, Guardians of the Motherland
Member-Saint Petersburg Russia Submarine Club
Wayne Frey
SubCommittee Member

Postby Scaleships » Sun Jul 08, 2007 4:04 am

Hello guys,

I am glad to inform that our sub OSCAR kit is finished and ready for sale.
Visit our site http://www.scaleships.biz/eng/oscar.html
Scaleships

Return to New Product Announcements