Banner Ad 1

robbe u-47

This is the place to post your submarine build- ups.

robbe u-47

Postby cougar » Mon May 14, 2007 1:55 pm

hi guys
got some problems here( not loud laughing please) can anybody tell me IF they put in bushing for the dive planes? rudders?
also need some help with my front screw. the instructions dont make it clear. how they go together,
also i am using skip asays pump. do you need to self prime it? or do i have to put the pump outside?
thanks any pictures would help
thanks in advance :D
go deep or go home
cougar

Postby bob_eissler » Mon May 14, 2007 6:01 pm

The metal rivits they supply in the kit seem good enough for the dive planes. The front screw is made from subassemblies. Basically, they are adding an extension tube & socket head bolt to the short one you first make. Then an allen 't' wrench inserted in the front tightens & loosens the joint. Be sure you use plumbing solder!! Electrical solder is not strong enough and will break. Test the screw before putting the boat together, or pin the joints too. Many people have had the screw fail and have to pull the front deck off for access.
Bob
bob_eissler
SubCommittee Member

Postby cougar » Tue May 15, 2007 12:34 pm

thanks bob.
after what you said i started to look for the brass bushing. i knew there had to be some. and found them in another bag. it took me all of 30 minutes to get the stern planes hooked up. ( works great btw). now as for the front screw. i can see what you are saying about breaking. the one thing that does sort of make no sense. is that you have that long tube (12.4) you soldier that to part ( 1.8). that part has a threaded end?. but ok. i can see how you could use the threaded end to have solider run in and have something to hold on to.
what seems wierd is that ( 1.8 and 12.4) are brass. yet the allan key is steel?
should there not be a nut, that the all screw get a hold of? or I am still alittle confused.
I am realy starting to get excited about this boat agian. after getting real fustrated.
thanks for you help
any picture of your front screw?. when i get my boat closer. i am going to start posting pictures too .
maybe get a wolf pack of robbes for a reggatta
go deep or go home
cougar

Return to Builder Threads