Banner Ad 1

Beale Park

The United Kingdom Local Chapter

Beale Park

Postby clive » Thu May 10, 2007 12:43 pm

On Bank Holiday Monday (8th May) I went to the Beale Park Model Boat Show, it was a three day event. I actually saw one so called submarine there but it was massive and powered by a man inside and there was no way it was going to submerge, although I must admit I almost wished it would. As far as submarines were concerned it was a bit of a waste of time.

The Model Boat Show was actually well organised with some very pleasant people both with their boats and at the trade stands, there was particular elderly gentleman (like me) who had a range of oared models which ranged from what appeared to be an eskimo paddling his canoes to a large galley with many oars each side of the boat, these were powered by a windscreen wiper motor which took a lot of battery power.

The next Model Boat Show at Beale park is in August when hopefull there will be more submarines

Clive[/b]
Clive An active pensioner living in Wiltshire, England
clive

Postby Davy » Fri May 11, 2007 7:02 am

Hi Clive,

See you at Alfold?

Davy
Davy

Alfold

Postby clive » Fri May 11, 2007 1:19 pm

Hello Davy

When is Alfold?

I assume this is the Alfold near Guildford Surrey, if so hopefully I will see you here.

Clive
clive

Postby Sub culture » Fri May 11, 2007 2:14 pm

Ahem,

Show dates sticky at the top of the forum page!
'Why are you staring at an empty pond?'

Want to dive your boat in crystal clear water? Then you had better Dive-in- http://www.diveintomodelsubmarines.co.uk
Sub culture
SubCommittee Member

Alfold

Postby clive » Sat May 12, 2007 5:56 am

Having got my brain into gear I did as you suggested and looked at the Stickie and surprise I found the dates and times so all being well I will see you there

Clive
clive

Excellent Alfold

Postby clive » Tue Jul 03, 2007 9:25 am

My wife and I spent the day at Alfold, and even attended the AGM of the AMS. It was a very good show, not a sign of rain, with many exhibitors and trade stands as well as a regular stream of boats on the lake. One that took my fancy was a Goose presumably made from a plastic decoy but it blended with the surroundings and appeared quite real and it was being controlled by a Lady.

I must admit I was quite envious of the people there with caravans and motor homes, it was a nice place to spend a weekend.

Clive
clive

Return to SubCommittee GB