Banner Ad 1

Sun N Fun 2007 dates announced

Local Chapter covering Texas, Oklahoma, Colorado, Kansas, and Nebraska.

Sun N Fun 2007 dates announced

Postby PaulC » Thu Mar 15, 2007 11:14 pm

Greetings Skippers!

Just wanted to formally invite everyone to the fifth annual Sun N Fun r/c sub event to be held on June 2-3, 2007. We will once again return to Georgetown, Texas and run on the San Gabriel river. Headquarters will be the Holiday Inn Express in Georgetown.

Because SubRegatta was moved to coincide with our annual late August running date, and to prevent a recurrence of the water problems we had with the river last year, we decided to hold it at the beginning of the summer. This will take advantage of the river's current state of being full and exceedingly clear. It should also provide comparatively cooler weather -- a win-win all the way around. And this also leaves everyone free to attend SubRegatta 2007 in Carmel, IN!

Preliminary info is available on the SubRon5 website: http://www.warfish.com/subron5/snf2007.html. We will stick to the traditional format for the most part. However, we may mix in more building like we had last year (it seemed to be a big hit). Revell Gatos are all the rage at present so we may have some construction seminars geared to the kit. All suggestions are welcome.

Please make plans now to attend (and let me know you are coming).
Warm regards,

Paul Crozier
<><
PaulC
SubCommittee Member

Postby dietzer » Mon Mar 19, 2007 10:49 pm

Well, I'm sorry I'm going to have to miss this year's FunRun. We've already got a family vacation planned (and reservations made) to go to Colorado during that week.

Y'all have a good time!

Paul, Wayne, and Gail: I'm going look thru the spring calendar and find a weekend I can come over and visit. It'd be a good time to share our Gato build advice/dreams/experiences! Plus I'm dying to see what Gail's been up to since last summer! :D

Carl
Carl Dietz
SC#2504
dietzer

Postby PaulC » Tue Mar 20, 2007 8:09 am

Carl, that sounds great. Let me know and we'll coordinate.
Warm regards,

Paul Crozier
<><
PaulC
SubCommittee Member

Postby JefftyToo » Thu Mar 22, 2007 1:57 am

Gonna miss you, Carl! Really bummed you won't be on hand!
Jeff
Sure writing is easy: just sit staring at a blank page until the drops of blood start forming on your forehead.
JefftyToo
SubCommittee Member

Postby SUBDOG » Thu Apr 26, 2007 3:20 pm

Ill be there!!
SUBDOG

Postby Wayne Frey » Tue May 01, 2007 6:32 pm

Carl,
You and your family are welcome here anytime,without calling, and for as long as you need.
Brother.
SCM #653
SubCommittee Vice President 2006-2008
Author-Russian Submarines, Guardians of the Motherland
Member-Saint Petersburg Russia Submarine Club
Wayne Frey
SubCommittee Member

Return to SubRon5