December 26, 2007
You gotta love Boxing Day for something
... one day where no stores are open... so another prime time for modelling!
I hit an unofficial milestone today... and was jumping with glee at around 7PM!
On the starboard half of the hull, I finally finished ALL the texturing... all of the hull rippling is done... ALL of the weld beads are textured... all drip channels have been added fore & aft... and most of the major reconstruction is finished.
Before I can actually JOIN the two hull halves, the following tasks remain:
Tasks for starboard hull:
* cut out the central drainage channel
* add internal saddletank ribbing
Tasks for port hull:
* hull rippling of the saddletanks and pressure hull areas (major)
* addition of new weld beads
* texturing of all weld beads
I updated my U-673 site
with newer pictures, and more detail in the Hull Detailing section (particularly dealing with oil canning, welds, and drip channels).
Happy New Year to everyone!