Banner Ad 1

WTC Pics posted - Greg Sharpe's masterpiece

Midwest US Local Chapter - Illinois, Iowa, Indiana, Kentucky, Michigan, Minnesota, Missouri, Ohio, and Wisconsin.

Postby Bob the Builder » Tue Sep 02, 2003 11:18 am

I've been working with Greg Sharpe of Deep Sea Designs on creating a WTC for my 1/32 Nautilus for the last few weeks. Between the two of us, we came up with this hybrid WTC based on Dave's WTC:

My idea was to make this system as modular as possible. The ballast tank will be custom designed for each of my future models, and will stay in each sub. The electronics section simply mates into the ballast tank. I will also have two or three different motor pods that can be swapped out (single shaft direct drive, dual shaft geared, single shaft geared, etc...).

Greg did a perfect job in executing this for me. I worked with him on the design, and he put it together in his "Dungeon".

I'm also trying out some new electronics from the UK. I got a 25A ESC, an auto-trimmer, a depth controller, and a dive manager in a recent trade with a gentleman out of the UK, and I must say that so far I'm very impressed. Each unit is programmable, small, and very easy to install.

I'm hoping to have the Nautilus wet by the beginning of November, but I guess we'll see...

Edited By Bob the Builder on 1062605592
Bob Martin,
RCSub homepage: http://www.rc-sub.com
Bob the Builder
SubCommittee Member

Postby BubbleheadMike » Tue Sep 02, 2003 11:52 am

Come-on Bob, let's see pics of the Nautilus itself!
BubbleheadMike

Postby Bob the Builder » Tue Sep 02, 2003 1:27 pm

Well... Take a look at this if you're interested:

OR... you could check out The Nautilus Drydocks for a complete history of my project.
Bob Martin,
RCSub homepage: http://www.rc-sub.com
Bob the Builder
SubCommittee Member

Return to SubRon6