Banner Ad 1

Whatever happened to Alanger's Delta & Typhoon???

Static Submarine modelers unite!

Whatever happened to Alanger's Delta & Typhoon???

Postby Mandrake » Sun Jan 28, 2007 11:56 am

Does anyone know anything about the planned 1/350 Delta IV and Typhoon from Alanger?

It seems like atleast a year has passed since we first heard of these future releases with shots of a completed Delta, sprues and computer models of the Typhoon. However since then nothing, or atleast nothing I have heard!

Apoligies if this has been discussed before I did search the new forum but came up with nothing.
User avatar
Mandrake
Registered User
 
Posts: 34
Joined: Fri Nov 11, 2005 10:46 pm
Location: UK

Re: Whatever happened to Alanger's Delta & Typhoon???

Postby Gerwalk » Mon Jan 29, 2007 8:29 am

Mandrake wrote:Does anyone know anything about the planned 1/350 Delta IV and Typhoon from Alanger?

It seems like atleast a year has passed since we first heard of these future releases with shots of a completed Delta, sprues and computer models of the Typhoon. However since then nothing, or atleast nothing I have heard!

Apoligies if this has been discussed before I did search the new forum but came up with nothing.


I'm wondering the same thing. The last thing I heard was from a retailer who said the Delta will be released during March 07. Nürenberg fair is a few days ahead...let's see what will the Alanger people presents there.
Pablo
User avatar
Gerwalk
Registered User
 
Posts: 525
Joined: Wed Dec 29, 2004 1:39 pm
Location: Buenos Aires, Argentina

Postby Mandrake » Mon Jan 29, 2007 5:50 pm

Hi Gerwalk,

Glad to hear I'm not the only one left wondering!

As you say hopefully we should hear something from Nuremburg but in the meantime March 07 seems a nice date to cling on to! =)

Really hope do produce these kits and not simply because I'm trying to avoid correcting the 1/350 DML Typhoon! Rather worryingly though Alanger does appear to have done too much recently apart from issue some old FROG kits I think. Would think that these would be strong sellers given the right distribution, which reminds me lets hope that if/when they are finally out we can actually find some because I don't know about you but it took some lsearching to find one of their Akula's.
User avatar
Mandrake
Registered User
 
Posts: 34
Joined: Fri Nov 11, 2005 10:46 pm
Location: UK

Postby Gerwalk » Tue Jan 30, 2007 9:01 am

Mandrake wrote:Hi Gerwalk,

Glad to hear I'm not the only one left wondering!

As you say hopefully we should hear something from Nuremburg but in the meantime March 07 seems a nice date to cling on to! =)

Really hope do produce these kits and not simply because I'm trying to avoid correcting the 1/350 DML Typhoon! Rather worryingly though Alanger does appear to have done too much recently apart from issue some old FROG kits I think. Would think that these would be strong sellers given the right distribution, which reminds me lets hope that if/when they are finally out we can actually find some because I don't know about you but it took some lsearching to find one of their Akula's.


LOL! I have the same fever! Got my DML Týphoon for while and trying to figure out how to correct it... it's a lot of work if you want to make it right.

As for the Akula: I had no problem finding it. I bought a couple of them from Bill Gunston at Pacific Front (they even came with a sign saying that the models were illegal if sold outside the CIS!!!):

http://www.pacificfrontonline.com/oscom ... cts_id=296

For some reason he says the kit is from Zvezda "Former Alanger Kit"... maybe this can explain the delay: commercial agreements? copyrights issues? That wouldn't be something new in fact in Alanger's old site they had a FAQ where they told a story about copyrights problems and so with ICM.

Another intriguing thing is that they also announced a Gepard to be released last year. Obviously it was based in the Drakon (the Akula kit has even a vertical plane with a Gepard style towed array sonar pod) Maybe someone told them that the differences between an Akula II and Gepard were actually more than a smaller sonar pod and they decided to halt the release.

Let's wait (what else can we do? aside from correcting the DML model :D )
Pablo
User avatar
Gerwalk
Registered User
 
Posts: 525
Joined: Wed Dec 29, 2004 1:39 pm
Location: Buenos Aires, Argentina

Postby Mandrake » Thu Feb 01, 2007 4:25 pm

No news of them from Nuremburg yet:

http://www.ipmsdeutschland.de/Ausstellu ... _2007.html

Good to see further confirmation of some other subs coming out though, especially Revell's U214 in June(ish)
User avatar
Mandrake
Registered User
 
Posts: 34
Joined: Fri Nov 11, 2005 10:46 pm
Location: UK

Postby Gerwalk » Fri Feb 02, 2007 9:29 am

Mandrake wrote:No news of them from Nuremburg yet:

http://www.ipmsdeutschland.de/Ausstellu ... _2007.html

Good to see further confirmation of some other subs coming out though, especially Revell's U214 in June(ish)


U214!! Yessss!!!! More fine German models.
Pablo
User avatar
Gerwalk
Registered User
 
Posts: 525
Joined: Wed Dec 29, 2004 1:39 pm
Location: Buenos Aires, Argentina

Postby Gerwalk » Fri Feb 02, 2007 1:41 pm

I noticed that the list is far to be completed (they are promising photos and updates) There is no Alanger or Zvedzda products listed in any of the categories (Alanger is strong in military vehicles) Today is just day 2 of the fair, let's wait...
Pablo
User avatar
Gerwalk
Registered User
 
Posts: 525
Joined: Wed Dec 29, 2004 1:39 pm
Location: Buenos Aires, Argentina

Postby Mandrake » Fri Feb 02, 2007 4:10 pm

Gerwalk wrote:
Mandrake wrote:No news of them from Nuremburg yet:

http://www.ipmsdeutschland.de/Ausstellu ... _2007.html

Good to see further confirmation of some other subs coming out though, especially Revell's U214 in June(ish)


U214!! Yessss!!!! More fine German models.


Yep, the U214 will be a welcome addition to my 1/144 sub stash.......not the Dolphin class I was hoping for though :?
User avatar
Mandrake
Registered User
 
Posts: 34
Joined: Fri Nov 11, 2005 10:46 pm
Location: UK

Postby Mandrake » Sat Feb 03, 2007 10:07 am

The Alanger Delta IV and Typhoon live!

Image

Image

Image

Image


"All molds are finished and kits will be released in a few weeks"
http://www.primeportal.net/models/thoma ... 1/alanger/

Can't wait!!!! :D
Last edited by Mandrake on Sat Feb 03, 2007 10:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar
Mandrake
Registered User
 
Posts: 34
Joined: Fri Nov 11, 2005 10:46 pm
Location: UK

Postby Mandrake » Sat Feb 03, 2007 10:09 am

Alanger also had an 1/72 XXIII on show, is it the SH kit reboxed?

Image

.....and especially for Gerwalk:

Image
User avatar
Mandrake
Registered User
 
Posts: 34
Joined: Fri Nov 11, 2005 10:46 pm
Location: UK

Postby Gerwalk » Mon Feb 05, 2007 9:30 am

Mandrake you are a magician!!
Thanks for the photos! Now let's hope they release them someday...

The big question here is: why do they release just another TypXXIII in 1/72? I would say the market was already taken by Special Navy unless the Alanger one would be cheaper....
Pablo
User avatar
Gerwalk
Registered User
 
Posts: 525
Joined: Wed Dec 29, 2004 1:39 pm
Location: Buenos Aires, Argentina

Postby Gerwalk » Mon Feb 05, 2007 9:33 am

BTW: I also would love to have a Dolphin but even more a Typ 209!!! (a 209/1200 would be even nicer... even more if it has the configuration of ARA San Luis during 1982...) :wink:
Pablo
User avatar
Gerwalk
Registered User
 
Posts: 525
Joined: Wed Dec 29, 2004 1:39 pm
Location: Buenos Aires, Argentina

Postby Mandrake » Sun Feb 11, 2007 11:38 am

Not sure if this warrants a new thread but some other interesting news to come out of Nuremburg is that HobbyBoss will be doing a range of 1/700 subs!

http://www.ipmsdeutschland.de/Ausstellu ... _2007.html

Chinese Naval Typ 33 Class
JMSDF Oyashio Class
Russian Navy AKULA Class
Russian Navy KILO Class
Typ IXB U-Boot
Typ IXC U-Boot
Typ VIIB U-Boot
Typ VIIC U-Boot
USS Jimmy Carter SSN-23
USS Seawolf SSN-21
USS SS-212 Gato 1941
USS SS-212 Gato 1944
USS SS-285 Balao
USS SSN-688 Los Angeles
USS SSN-711 San Francisco
USS SSN-772 Green Ville

At first glance I thought Takara reboxed, but it would seem clear it's an expanded list of EasyModels 1/700 (planned) range, again with the Trumpeter conenction!
Pre-made and prepainted but still could be nice!

Image
User avatar
Mandrake
Registered User
 
Posts: 34
Joined: Fri Nov 11, 2005 10:46 pm
Location: UK

Postby Gerwalk » Mon Feb 12, 2007 9:45 am

I have Takara's 2 to 5 series. These ones will add interesting subjcts to my collection.

Kilo, Carter and Romeo are not from Takara for sure!
Pablo
User avatar
Gerwalk
Registered User
 
Posts: 525
Joined: Wed Dec 29, 2004 1:39 pm
Location: Buenos Aires, Argentina

Postby KevinMc » Mon Feb 12, 2007 11:58 am

Interesting... The model (and K-407) are definitely Delta IV class, but the box art behind the model is only a Delta III...

Where can these kits be ordered from, once they are released?
Kevin McLeod - Oscar II driver
KMc Designs
SC #2870
SubComOn
User avatar
KevinMc
SubCommittee Member
 
Posts: 399
Joined: Sat Sep 10, 2005 6:43 pm
Location: Hamilton, On

Next

Return to Static Modeler

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users

cron