Banner Ad 1

New Year Plans for SCDS in '07

South Carolina, Alabama, Georgia, and Florida Local Chapter

New Year Plans for SCDS in '07

Postby Wilsonsubs » Mon Jan 08, 2007 2:36 pm

Hello everyone,

I hope the new year is finding each of you healthy and happy! The holidays are now astern of us and our new course has yet to be charted. I know we spoke of an early spring or late winter gathering at the Devils Den facility to start off '07 and there's no time like the present to start planning. I believe Dave S. said he'd make contact with the Devil's Den owner and get some target dates for the group to fix on. That should get our first event underway but I wanted the group to start thinking about the event after that or maybe going to a sister chapters event to meet other captains and check out some new places. If anyone has ideas or suggestions please share them because that's how we make our hobby better, I would just ask that we keep those circulating in this forum string so anyone wishing to follow along can do so without having to search for additional comments or conversations.

I'd like to say that each one of you is a great asset to the chapter and to the Committee. '07 is going to be a great year! I personally look forward to sailing with each of you.

Michael Wilson
wilsonsubs@comcast.net
Wilsonsubs
SubCommittee Member

Postby g2tiger » Tue Jan 16, 2007 11:50 pm

Hey Mike,

Sounds good to me. Let's all list our ideas and then vote on them or something. The Sub run in Lake Cty was great! We are invited back and I think we should go. We now have the experience at the location and we can make adjustments accordingly. Devils Den is OK by me but the boat is in crapo shape. I am trying to find/make the time to get her ready though...

Cahrlie
g2tiger
SubCommittee Member

Postby Wilsonsubs » Thu Jan 18, 2007 11:50 am

Yep,
all my boats are non-runable right now and I need an extra hour a day just to get caught up. I think I'll take a vacation day and get busy.

Speaking of such I'd like to play around with a 6 volt clippard valve. Does anyone have an extra I could buy from them for playing around?
Experimenting is really the right word for it.

Michael
Wilsonsubs
SubCommittee Member

HUH?

Postby g2tiger » Tue Jan 23, 2007 5:01 pm

Mike,

post on the for sale wanted section you mayget a better response there.

Also Warren says he hasen't heard from Dave S. at Devils Den. We should look him up and send a torpedo...(I mean a message).

Is it time to start planning the Lake City Fun Run yet? That was fun...
g2tiger
SubCommittee Member

Postby Wilsonsubs » Wed Jan 24, 2007 2:57 pm

It's never too early to start inviting people and putting the word out about the date/time. I was hoping to see some of our pictures on the subcommittee website showcasing our efforts by now. I think other clubs might have an interest in coming to warmer weather during that time of year. Maybe I'm wrong on that but it never hurts to ask. Perhaps we should take a census on the thoughts and ideas of the Deepsouth members to get a better handle on how to proceed with '07. I think the more we put into the chapter the more we get out.
I think "getting the word out" about our hobby and about our gatherings is the key. What does the DeepSouth chapter think? Yes you!
What do you think?
Wilsonsubs
SubCommittee Member

Postby Rogue Sub » Wed Jan 24, 2007 6:39 pm

I think that the sooner we get a run together the better! i HAD TO MISS THE LAST ONE. Now i want to try and get to an event before i get sent back under. If there is any assistance you need or otherwise. Just PM. Im pretty resourcefull.

V/R Kevin
Kevin
A Global Force For Good

http://WWW.ROGUESUBWORKS.COM
Rogue Sub

Send out the word!

Postby g2tiger » Sun Jan 28, 2007 12:00 am

Guys,

Let's send out the word and see if we can get a gathering in Waycross GA. Warren Wilson has a nice lake we may be able to use. OR we could always meet at the ORCAS lake for a sailing.

Perhaps a meeting and sailing would be in order? We could have a tech session and a follow on sailing. Perhaps Stephan will have the P. Henry running by then?

I am working on the Marlin and have some serious work underway so it may be a while before I get her wet again. My hope is to have her running by early may. :?

Charlie
g2tiger
SubCommittee Member

Postby Rogue Sub » Tue Jan 30, 2007 9:53 pm

You know my base has a pretty big pool as well with diving pool for you deep divers. I could look into it...

I dont know up to you guys. Wheres the lake at wilson?
When you guys wanna do it so i can put my toy back together!
Kevin
A Global Force For Good

http://WWW.ROGUESUBWORKS.COM
Rogue Sub

Postby Carcharadon » Mon Feb 05, 2007 7:58 am

http://maps.live.com/?wip=51

Just thought I'd post this link to a mapping program to look for suitable ponds or lakes or anything for that matter. Kings Bay or Waycross sounds good to me I saw a couple of lakes around Waycross.

In certain areas, Savannah for example, you can toggle the map to high resolution aerial photos and chose directional views. The resolution is such that you could just about make out a person, and cars are easy to spot and identify if you knew the car make beforehand in the photo.

There is a park in Savannah, (Tom Triplet) where a group of battleship RCers compete with the object to sink the opponent’s battle ship. They shoot BBs at one another.

I’ve never had my sub there but may bring it when the weather starts to warm up.

If I can find the link to the Battleshipers I’ll post.
Carcharadon

Return to SubComDeepSouth