Banner Ad 1

SubRegatta 2007, August 18-19

Know of an upcoming modeling event?

SubRegatta 2007, August 18-19

Postby TMSmalley » Mon Dec 18, 2006 7:25 pm

Hi guys -
I am pleased to announce that we have set the date and location for SubRegatta 2007. This is just a quick note so you can get your vacation dates set on your calendars.

SubRegatta 2007 will be August 18-19, 2007 in Carmel Indiana. Our base hotel will be the same one (Hilton - Garden Inn) we were at in 2006.

If you didn't go the last couple of years and are curious what it is all about, we have posted a complete copy of the September 2006 SubCommittee REPORT that has a SubRegatta 2006 write-up at http://www.subcommittee.com/scr.

Please pass the link along to any "fallen" SC members you know so they can see what they are missing with the new look for the SCR!!!

Our man on the ground in Indianapolis, Chris Campbell, will be following up this message with all the details.

Best regards,
Tim

##
Last edited by TMSmalley on Tue Aug 21, 2007 4:14 pm, edited 6 times in total.
Tim Smalley
TMSmalley
SubCommittee Member

Postby Mylo » Thu Dec 28, 2006 8:34 pm

Tim,

Thanks for posting that early. I would really like to make one of these, they look like a real good time (only to us sub nuts I guess). I know I would enjoy gawking over all the boats and watching a few float around in that very nice looking pond they have there. My work schedule can be unpredictable, but I'm keeping these dates in mind.

.....let me see, Carmel Indiana, ....that's about.....hmmm...24 hour drive....yep...that's do-able.

Mylo
Mylo

2007 Subregatta info

Postby Admirals Commander » Mon Jan 08, 2007 8:35 pm

The Indianapolis Admirals and Subron 6 are very happy to invite you all to the 2007 Subregatta.

As last year's event was even better than 2005, this year's will be no exception. There will be no other place in the world to see this many subs and have this much knowledge about our hobby in one location. Please plan on attending this year! No matter how great the DVDs of the event have been, they only scratch the surface of what you will experience.

As the year progresses, will will have updates on what you can expect to see at the pond and at the event hotel. The hotel this year will again be the Carmel Hilton Garden Inn, hiltongardeninn.com . The rate for the rooms is $93.

The Friday Night Meet and Greet plus the subseminar for Saturday night will be at this hotel just like in 2006.

The guest rooms are big enough to share the expense with a friend and you won't have to drive to another hotel after staying up at night chatting with old friends.

Please let me know if you have any questions. We hope to see you there.

Chris Campbell
Indianapolis Admirals club president (indyadmirals.org )
Subcommittee member
admiralscommander@hotmail.com
Admirals Commander

SubRegatta 2007 Hotel and Running Venue Details

Postby TMSmalley » Tue Jan 09, 2007 1:40 pm

SubRegatta 2007
August 18-19, 2007 Carmel, Indiana, City Reflecting Pond
----------------------------------------------
Official SubRegatta Hotel
The Hilton Garden Inn – Carmel, Indiana (317) 581-9400 / toll free 877-782-9444
13090 N. Pennsylvania Street, Carmel, Indiana, United States 46032 www.indianapoliscarmel.gardeninn.com Room Rate $93 for a King (1 king-sized bed and a sofa sleeper) or a double (2 queen-sized beds.)
Register before Thursday July 26 for this discounted rate and mention you are with The SubRegatta. Be sure to register early, this is a popular event! The Friday Night Meet & Greet and the Saturday Night SubSeminar will once again be at this hotel.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
SubRegatta running venue – Carmel City Reflecting Pond ~ Veteran’s Memorial Park
802 3rd Ave SW ~ Carmel, Indiana 46032
----------------------------------------------------
Name badges are required to run boats and check transmitters in and out of the radio impound.
So we have time to prepare your souvenir name badge in advance of the event, please send an email with your name, city, state/country plus your SubRon affiliation (if any) and contact information to: SubRegatta2007@yahoo.com no later than August 3, 2007 or “snail mail” to:
John Schagane, 1708 Twain Ridge Drive, Lexington, KY 40514-1841
For tourism information about the Carmel / Indianapolis area, email: admiralscommander@hotmail.com
Tim Smalley
TMSmalley
SubCommittee Member

Postby subdude » Tue Jan 09, 2007 4:54 pm

Tim,

Thanks for the info! Reservations made.

Looking forward to it already :D

Jim
Underwater, the ONLY way to fly!

SubCommittee member #0069 (since the dawn of time)
subdude
SubCommittee Member

Carmel Pond - SubRegatta 2007 headquarters

Postby TMSmalley » Tue Jan 23, 2007 8:45 am

Just a few shots to get you fired up for 2007! :D

Early morning news broadcast at SubRegatta 2006

Thanks to Matt Munger for this image!

Google Earth image of pond during construction phase

Prize for the 2007 SubRegatta donated by John Schagane
Tim Smalley
TMSmalley
SubCommittee Member

Subregatta 2007

Postby WL Upshaw/Scale Shipyard » Tue Jan 23, 2007 5:08 pm

Hi Tim:

Well I have marked my calender and I will be there as a vendor and I might even have a sub with me this year.
So I should be a full participant for 2007.

I am looking forward to this.
W.L. Upshaw
The Scale Shipyard
www.scaleshipyard.com
Largest Selection of quality fiberglass model warship & submarine hulls.
WL Upshaw/Scale Shipyard

Postby Bigdave » Mon Jun 18, 2007 2:25 pm

Hey Tim! Anything new on the Subregatta front?? Does it look like another good turnout? BD.
David Welch
Commodore SR-8

"Eat your pudding Mr Land". "I ain't sure it's puddin" James Mason-Kirk
Douglas, 20K
Bigdave
SubCommittee Member

Postby Bigdave » Wed Jun 20, 2007 7:19 pm

I guess no news is good news!! :roll: :lol: :lol: :D . BD.
David Welch
Commodore SR-8

"Eat your pudding Mr Land". "I ain't sure it's puddin" James Mason-Kirk
Douglas, 20K
Bigdave
SubCommittee Member

SubRegatta Stuff - - -

Postby TMSmalley » Wed Jun 27, 2007 7:35 am

Sorry Dave - I missed your post the first time around! :D

SATURDAY NIGHT SUB SEMINARS
SubRegatta 2007 is shaping up to be another winner! We have our speakers lined up for Saturday Night (7 PM- 9 PM) seminar: Kevin McLeod, Rick Galinson, and David Merriman III.

BIG TOPS
The tent vendor only had one of the size tents we needed, so he is throwing in one that is ten feet longer at the same price. That should let us spread out a little.

US NAVY
The Navy is going to have a display on the SubRegatta grounds as part of week long armed forces doin's in Indy.

SUB U
If anyone has wanted to run an RC sub, but hasn't finished one of their own Sub U will be in session again with prof Fred Freketic helping new guys get the feel for running an RC sub.

WE HAVE NEEDS!

LET US KNOW YOU ARE COMING!
There are always "Last Minute Larry's" but we really do need guys to email us so we have the ID badges ready to go. As you know, name badges are required to check transmitters in and out of the impound, and we ask any adult (spouses etc) who will be with you on the grounds, to wear one as well.

Please email SubRegatta2007@yahoo.com with your name, hometown and state, and SubRon affilliation - if any.

++++++++++++++++

RAFFLE PRIZE DONATIONS

We need raffle donations from the attendees too! The proceeds from the raffle are what pays for the event.

Back in the good old days at Groton we didn't need to rent tents, tables and chairs since they were provided by the Navy, but those days are gone. We now pay over $1,000 for just the two tents. The tables and chairs add another few hundred. The room at the hotel for the Fri and Sat night events costs some dough, there are printing costs, etc etc. If we don't sell enough raffle tickets - the costs come right out of the SC coffers. For now we don't need to charge admission to the SubRegatta, but if we don't at least break even - we'll have to rethink that for next year.

The vendors do the best they can, but with the economy, increased gas prices, increased postage, etc, etc, they don't seem to be as generous as they used to be.

GUYS PLEASE!! (Especially you non-SC members who come to the event. If for some reason you don't want to join the organization, you should at least help pay your way by donating a nice prize or two...nuff said? :wink: )

EVERYONE - please send (or bring along) some sub-related or modeling related item we can put on the raffle table. Kits you'll never build, electronics you don't need, sub books, videos, sub toys for the kids, etc etc. You'll be recognized in the SubRegatta roundup in the SCR in December issue. Shoot me an email - or post here what prizes you can donate!

Thanks!

See you in August.

Best,
Tim
Tim Smalley
TMSmalley
SubCommittee Member

Hey!

Postby TMSmalley » Wed Jun 27, 2007 6:43 pm

Please let us know that you are coming so we can get your namebadge ready to go. Even if you aren't 100% sure you are coming. We need your name, hometown and state, and SubRon affiliation if any - Send the
email to: SubRegatta2007@yahoo.com

John Schagane thanks you! :D
Tim Smalley
TMSmalley
SubCommittee Member

Raffle Prizes

Postby TMSmalley » Wed Jun 27, 2007 7:00 pm

Ok guys -
We need raffle prizes. We have been really lucky having prizes donated from SC members (and non members) the last few years and I hope we can do even better this year.

Please let me know what you can donate -
Kits you'll never assemble, books, electronics, parts, tools, etc.

Email me at president@subcommittee.com and let me know what YOU can do to help support the SubCommittee! Everyone who donates will be recognized here and in the SCR.

So far, from members, we have -

$100 donation from Erich Kloss for the Friday night event

Nautical Commander radio outfit from John Schagane.

WHO'S NEXT?
Tim Smalley
TMSmalley
SubCommittee Member

Postby spongjim » Wed Jun 27, 2007 9:32 pm

I can bring a 1/72 Revell Gato kit for the raffle.

Jim

spongjim
SubCommittee Member

Postby TMSmalley » Thu Jun 28, 2007 2:04 am

That's great Jim!

John Schagane said he would bring one too!

Thanks guys!

Last edited by TMSmalley on Thu Jun 28, 2007 7:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
Tim Smalley
TMSmalley
SubCommittee Member

Postby TMSmalley » Thu Jun 28, 2007 2:06 am

Just heard from D&E Miniatures/Caswell Inc. Dave and Mike will be bringing some of the great D&E creations for prizes. Thanks guys!

Tim

Last edited by TMSmalley on Thu Jun 28, 2007 2:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
Tim Smalley
TMSmalley
SubCommittee Member

Next

Return to Upcoming Events and SubRegattas