Banner Ad 1

LF 5"/25cal 1/72 deck guns

Static Submarine modelers unite!

LF 5"/25cal 1/72 deck guns

Postby KAGNEW » Thu Dec 21, 2006 12:06 pm

hi
i thought i read that someone was going to build 5/25 deck guns for Revell fleet boat. my wife threw out my Subcommittee mag by mistake :cry: .
so need help please :shock:
KAGNEW

Postby Tom Dougherty » Mon Dec 25, 2006 10:56 am

Your wife threw out your latest Subcommittee Report??!!? I believe that's a felony misdemeanor, but I'd have to check the SC by-laws and rules....

Anyhow, the 1/72 was in my column and it was Mario Grima of Ironbottom Sound who was going to produce the 1/72 gun in resin. He had already made a prototype for his S-boat. However, after we went to press, Mario emailed me that he was having second thoughts based on the quality of the Revell gun offering in the kit. I would suggest contacing him if you are interested, and see if he might have made the molds for the resin pieces. Mario can be reached at:
http://ibs.eastcoastarmory.com/

Your wife threw out your Subcommittee Report.......sounds to me like someone needs to do some remedial dumpster diving!
Tom Dougherty
SubCommittee Member

Postby KAGNEW » Tue Dec 26, 2006 5:26 pm

she found it so all is forgiven.
but i' am looking for a 5"/25cal gun.
i spent 3 days doing venting slots down the side of deck.
if someone has a set of plans i'll make my own cannon.
i have a lathe and milling machine.plus i'm learning resin casting so all i need is a set of drawings.
KAGNEW

Postby Tom Dougherty » Wed Dec 27, 2006 10:27 pm

See my posting below in the Fleetboat Dock section for 5/25 information & new pictures I just took of a refurbished gun.
Tom
Tom Dougherty
SubCommittee Member

Postby rustysub » Sat Dec 30, 2006 11:55 am

Hello board , Tom, I have been reading the board and would like to add some updates, We have been getting requests to bring back the 4"gun so we will be reissuing it. Also if anyone is planning on using the IBS deck gun with the Revell gun as a secondary the guns will not match since our is slightly wider in the barrel , breech and carriage. Other parts are interchangeable. We shall soon be free developing conning towers and refocus on armament. In the interim new items will become available at IBS during this week. Happy new year every one, Mario
rustysub

1/72 Scale Guns

Postby John @ WEM » Mon Jan 22, 2007 10:06 am

We have just released our various weapons for the 1/144 Gato, and will be doing the same ones in 1/72 scale for the Revell boat:

3"/50, 4"/50, 5"/25, Mk.3 40mm Single Bofors, 20mm Single Oerlikon, .50 Cal. Watercooled Machine Gun, .50 Cal. Air-cooled Machine Gun, Mk.14 Torpedo.

All of these come with their own dedicated photoetch set.
John Snyder
The Token Yank
White Ensign Models
http://WhiteEnsignModels.com
John @ WEM

Return to Static Modeler