Banner Ad 1

Revell Gato

Local Chapter covering Texas, Oklahoma, Colorado, Kansas, and Nebraska.

Revell Gato

Postby PaulC » Tue Dec 12, 2006 5:29 pm

Guys,

Just wanted to check in and see who is building one of these boats. I got mine today and the kit is everything they say it is and more.

Matt and I will be building our boats together. If anyone else is interested, come aboard. We'll be swapping info online, etc. Join the SubRon5 fleetboat squadron!

I'd show pictures but my kit is a Christmas present so I have to leave it boxed up for another 13 days.
Warm regards,

Paul Crozier
<><
PaulC
SubCommittee Member

Postby BoomerFunker » Wed Dec 13, 2006 2:42 am

Hey Paul,

You didn't come right out and say so but are you going to R/C up your new baby, or is it more of a study for that larger future boat?

Oh and by the way you had better put your fleet on alert as your sonar operators are going to be picking up a new contact this next August designated "sierra one" on the main array from transients from a "submerged single screw contact, likely Soviet Kilo class."

And the way I drive its definitely a "rogue" one. :D

TomK
BoomerFunker
SubCommittee Member

Postby PaulC » Wed Dec 13, 2006 3:05 pm

Tomrade,

I don't know yet about the Gato. It will be Wahoo's final configuration but I'm leaning heavily towards static at this point. It's for the crew memorial to be held at Pearl next October. If the Bowfin museum is interested in displaying it then I'll go static. If not, then maybe I should r/c it and then run it in the pool for the families. I'm thinking Matt's will be r/c'd. And I do intend to build one of the kits for r/c at some point. Just don't know if this is the boat or not.

So, a new target for which to play with, eh? Is it a Small World Models boat or the Trumpeter? I'll need to know which tonals to have my sonar girls look for.
Warm regards,

Paul Crozier
<><
PaulC
SubCommittee Member

Postby BoomerFunker » Thu Dec 14, 2006 2:12 am

Well, knowing and seeing your work I'm sure the Bowfin museum would be thrilled to display an accurate representation of the Wahoo. As you have undoubtably seen at the Adm. Nimitz museum of the Pacific war there in Texas it is full of excellent scale models on display. There is just something captivating (to us guys anyhow) about a well put together model. At any rate it will be a wonderful tribute to those brave men.

My new one will be the Small World models one to match scale with
the Scorpion. I'm sure some of Wayne's images will come in real handy for the detailing and painting.
BoomerFunker
SubCommittee Member

Postby PaulC » Thu Dec 14, 2006 9:40 am

Tom,

The SWM Kilo will be sweet. And should be an easy build and fun boat to operate. The perfect 1/96 scale foe for our SSNs. When do you take possession?
Warm regards,

Paul Crozier
<><
PaulC
SubCommittee Member

Postby dietzer » Thu Dec 14, 2006 11:28 pm

Hey guys!

I'm going to build a Gato for R/C. I sent Dave Welch an email to get on his list. I may not have it detailed by summer, but I want it working by summer.

I haven't bought a kit yet as I'm busy re-modeling the garage right now so I can work in it again, but I hope to buy one by the end of January.

Carl
Carl Dietz
SC#2504
dietzer

Postby BoomerFunker » Fri Dec 15, 2006 1:46 am

Hey Carl,

Great news! Sounds like we may have an unprecedented number of working boats in the water for next years SunNFun. Yuh hear that ya Subron5 lurkers out there? Get to Texas next August, you won't regret it. Oh and that goes to ANYONE out there by the way...

I was told late Feb, Paul. I'm jazzed but I know how these things work. Everyone has a day job that comes first and I'm cool with that. I do too.

TomK
BoomerFunker
SubCommittee Member

Postby PaulC » Fri Dec 15, 2006 9:55 am

Tom,

Given the amount of finishing Dave does with his kits (they'r almost ready to run) you should have her operational in no time.

Carl,

That's great! This should be a great kit for you to get in the water.
Warm regards,

Paul Crozier
<><
PaulC
SubCommittee Member

Postby Baghdad Buddy » Fri Dec 22, 2006 8:46 am

Ya boy! I have to wait until Christmas, its under the tree as we speak.
God loves old fools and ships named Arkansas!
Baghdad Buddy

Postby Wayne Frey » Mon Dec 25, 2006 11:11 pm

Both Carl and myself got a Gato under the tree today.
SCM #653
SubCommittee Vice President 2006-2008
Author-Russian Submarines, Guardians of the Motherland
Member-Saint Petersburg Russia Submarine Club
Wayne Frey
SubCommittee Member

Return to SubRon5