Banner Ad 1

Steve Webb 1938-2006

The United Kingdom Local Chapter

Steve Webb 1938-2006

Postby Sub culture » Thu Nov 30, 2006 4:25 pm

It's with some sadness that I have just discovered that AMS and Sub Committee member, Steve Webb has passed away. He was 68.

I knew he had been unwell over the past few months and last saw him at the Barleylands show a couple of months ago.

Although seriously ill, he hadn't lost his sense of humour or his passion for the hobby.

Steve was an excellent builder of model submarines, both scratch and kit built. He always made his own modifications and improvements to designs, and I saw many of his boats perform at the numerous shows he attended throughout the year.

He was a valuable contributor to our hobby, and always had an encouraging word for others still learning their craft.

My respects to his family at this sad time.

Andy
'Why are you staring at an empty pond?'

Want to dive your boat in crystal clear water? Then you had better Dive-in- http://www.diveintomodelsubmarines.co.uk
Sub culture
SubCommittee Member

Postby Wheelerdealer » Fri Dec 01, 2006 8:06 pm

Sad news. I never met Steve but have seen some his work. A very talented Gentleman. RIP
Ramesh
www.rcmodelsubmarines.co.uk
----------------------------------------------------
Whaddya mean, I need a license to do that?!
Wheelerdealer
SubCommittee Member

Postby Davy » Sat Dec 02, 2006 6:48 am

Thanks for that very sad news.

I talked with him last at Barleylands this summer and I'm pleased to say that he was in very fine form - witty and enthusiastic as ever.

I met him first about 5 years ago, I must admit with some trepidation, because of the depth of his model making skill and knowledge. I soon found that he was only too happy to help a relative novice. Thank you.

His memory and his models live on.

David
Davy

Return to SubCommittee GB