Banner Ad 1

Scratch build Ohio class SSBN scale 1:81 - Neering completion in Denmark :-)

The SubCommittee Local Chapter for the Scandinavian countries of Norway, Sweden, Finland, and Denmark.

Postby Robse » Wed Oct 25, 2006 8:56 am

Hi fellow scandinavian subbers.

Just wanna let you know, that my 2m long, scratch build SSBN (Ohio class) submarine is finally neering completion. Left is "only" to fit everything, and when done: Beware, a Dane is out there! :-D Everything has been tested, and the hole thing has been in my in-door wet-dock for placement and trimming, and outside in "live waters" for diving testes. You wouldn't BELIEVE the lookes I draw when I test my sub (test-trimming) in the local lake and habour.

I know of two other guys here in DK building, both has chosen a kit, but we need more active builders.

Anyway.. pop by, have a look, and consider joining the newsletter option, or leave a message in the guestbook. Hopefully I can inspire more to get going with this great hobby. :-)

Scratch-build Ohio class SSBN, scale 1:81
Yours Sincerely, Robert Holsting, Denmark
1/81 SSBN Ohio Class scratch builder, more at www.robse.dk

"Never be afraid to try something new; remember that it was amateurs who build Noah's Ark, and professionals who build the Titanic"
Robse

Postby HM3 » Thu Oct 26, 2006 5:30 pm

Robse your site is amazing. You really have a lot of wonderful ideas and a great way of sharing them. Thanks so much for the inspiration.
"The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable." - Clarence Darrow
HM3

Thanks! :-)

Postby Robse » Tue Oct 31, 2006 5:58 am

I'm glad it reaches people, and it's great fun to document the project as it goes along. :-)
Yours Sincerely, Robert Holsting, Denmark
1/81 SSBN Ohio Class scratch builder, more at www.robse.dk

"Never be afraid to try something new; remember that it was amateurs who build Noah's Ark, and professionals who build the Titanic"
Robse

Return to SubComScand