Banner Ad 1

Subcomdeepsouth regatta

South Carolina, Alabama, Georgia, and Florida Local Chapter

Postby g2tiger » Wed Oct 18, 2006 2:10 pm

:)

Hey guys,

Whats the happs? Hardly anyone has responded to the upcoming regatta. Mike tells me he has not received many responses to the request for a head count.

Dont miss out on this one. I went with Mike to recon the sites and Lake City was absolutly the best choice. Lake City went out of their way to arrange for us to attend at their pool. We are hoping to start a great event here for us sub drivers, So dont miss out on what promises on being a super event.

As for the pool. It is huge! It's about as close as we can hope to come to the Carmel reflecting pond without sneaking to Carmel and steeling the pool. Lake City's pool is: ( olymnpic sized), fiberglass and has a one foot shoulder at water level around the entire pool, a long handicapped ramp and several stairs to easy access, rest rooms right there and a diving board or two (get it? Diving board?) and a deep section about 12 feet deep in the middle of the length of the pool. Can you say Emergency Deep! All within easy reach of most modern city attractions such as resturants (too many to choose from) to camping and movies and a super wal mart. Many of these are within five miles of the pool facility. There is also a Civil War battle ground near by. not to mention that Jacksonville, and Gainsville are within one or two hours drive.

Although it was originally thought we would go to Devils Den the venue was thought to be too far out of the way to provide an enjoyable experience for everyone who might wish to attend and also get the visitor traffic and media coverage. Don't count out Devils Den just yet, there is a possibility of a Spring run there as the man made lake is filled with some very interesting items and the alge will be gone for sure. I'm told it has cleared p considerbly since my recent visit.

Please let Mike know if you plan on attending with boat working or not. If not working bring it for show and tell, my boat is currently under de/re/construction and awaits approval from the treasury and some over time authorization from the program manager (Wife).

I'll be there with bells and bows (don't ask, it just sounded funny).

See you there!

Respectfully,

Charlie
g2tiger
SubCommittee Member

Postby Wilsonsubs » Wed Oct 18, 2006 2:39 pm

Here's a picture of the pool facility.

Michael Wilson
Wilsonsubs
SubCommittee Member

Postby TMSmalley » Wed Oct 18, 2006 5:57 pm

Looks great!!!
Tim Smalley
TMSmalley
SubCommittee Member

Postby wolfsong » Wed Oct 18, 2006 9:28 pm

this ramp looks great for launching my typhoon..

i will definately be there

stefan
Submariner, qualified in 1990 ,U21 Class 206

Life is Simple.. either you are qualified or you are not ! .. silent service
wolfsong

Postby g2tiger » Thu Oct 19, 2006 5:48 am

Stephan,

I hope you will have the P. Henry ready. I plan on picking up a Kodack underwater camera for some cool shots.

Charlie
g2tiger
SubCommittee Member

Postby Rogue Sub » Fri Oct 20, 2006 6:58 pm

Think they will let us use the place again in feb?
Kevin
A Global Force For Good

http://WWW.ROGUESUBWORKS.COM
Rogue Sub

Postby Wilsonsubs » Mon Oct 23, 2006 11:06 am

Hey everyone,
Thanks for all the responses so far.

More good news about the growing attendance for the SUBRUN in Lake City!

Currently I have confirmed ten (10) Captains will be attending the DeepSouth event and a handful more are trying to clear their schedules.
My records show a few more SubCommittee members need to reply so we can report a full rollcall.

Sidenote: There might be a need for a few card tables depending on attendance. There are tables on site but I plan to bring my backup table. If you have a card table and have the room in your vehicle would you bring it? Thanks to everyone for pulling this together.
Mike[B]
Michael Wilson
Wilsonsubs
SubCommittee Member

Postby wolfsong » Fri Nov 03, 2006 7:37 am

Hi Guys,

i have been working hard the last couple of weeks on my subs...
hopefully my typhoon will get wet tomorrow for the first time. i still have some issues with my patrick henry, but will try to work them out tonight...

well see you guys there tomorrow

Stefan

ps.. is the pool a heated pool?
Submariner, qualified in 1990 ,U21 Class 206

Life is Simple.. either you are qualified or you are not ! .. silent service
wolfsong

The pool

Postby g2tiger » Fri Nov 03, 2006 3:07 pm

Stephan,

The pool is heated... I don't know if the heat is on right now but it does have a heater which they turn on about this time of the year.
8)

Charlie
g2tiger
SubCommittee Member

Return to SubComDeepSouth