Banner Ad 1

Pictures of Devils Den fun run!! - Water has cleared up considerably!

South Carolina, Alabama, Georgia, and Florida Local Chapter

Postby DEEPDIVER » Thu Oct 05, 2006 8:08 pm

Hello fellow Capitanes, thats spanish.
On September 27th 2006 Warren and I David and Tony had our fun run at the Den and to our great surprise the water in the pond has cleared up alot,and will get clearer as it gets colder in the coming weeks.We had a great time at no charge from the park,by the way there is an underwater bridge canyon that Tony navigated with his U boat and I made a video of.
We simply could not ask or even make a place better suited for RC subs,well check it out.Also sorry for the user name change,for some reason its info is deleted from the site login.
I am David Santivanez DEPDIVE or now DEEPDIVER Thanks

DEEPDIVER

Postby DEEPDIVER » Thu Oct 05, 2006 8:14 pm

Sorry Im having truble posting pics will post more later

Edited By DEEPDIVER on 1160094410
DEEPDIVER

Postby JWLaRue » Thu Oct 05, 2006 11:15 pm

David,

I fixed your original post so that the photos would show up.

Looks like a nice place!

-Jeff
Rohr 1.....Los!
JWLaRue
SubCommittee Member

Postby sub-nut » Sun Oct 08, 2006 2:34 am

nice place deepdiver i live in ocala, and did not know this palce existed in wilston can you give me direction how to find it i am working on 2 engle kits type IXd2 and newly aquired Gato, curently in china on pleasure trip

thanks John
sub-nut

Postby DEEPDIVER » Tue Oct 10, 2006 8:24 am

Hello and welcome Sub-nut ! Bring your fleet and sail on the best pond in the south .My name is David Santivanez ,I have some 10 subs with 4 built,but have built and ran 15 subs about 12 years ago.I stoped and came back to my sences and returned to my passion of RC Submarines.
I also developed the onboard compressor ballast system back in the late 80s and am well known for that achievement,since it is tottaly safe "green" to the ecologists,and works just like the real thing.Great for large subs ,but a micro compressor is needed for small subs and I have several to experiment with.No need to recharge the propel tank or worry if there is enough gas to serface,nor take the sub out of the water for a recharge,just like the navy go till the bats go down!
Well the Devils Den is located just a mile or so west of Williston off of Hwy 27. I will be there this sunday with Tony to cut back some trees so that we can get all the way around the pond.You have to check out this place and the Den ! If you have a small sub the Den is to die for the Water is cristal clear and the rock formations area blast to navigate,not to mention the huge Catfish I call Moby Dick ! Cruise along side him and he will take you deep. Again wellcome and thank godness there is another Captain in town!
Contact me at 352 351 2547 Thanks Dave
DEEPDIVER

Postby TMSmalley » Tue Oct 10, 2006 8:37 am

Guys - Dave Santivinez is one of those "old timers" you should listen to. It's great he is back in the RC subs hobby!
Tim Smalley
TMSmalley
SubCommittee Member

Postby Rogue Sub » Tue Oct 10, 2006 6:30 pm

Sorry I missed the run. My work isnt always forgiving with some of my other passions.
Kevin
A Global Force For Good

http://WWW.ROGUESUBWORKS.COM
Rogue Sub

Return to SubComDeepSouth